Subject: [TICTOC] Displaying requirements parameters

From: Stewart Bryant <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 14:38:17 +0100

At the last phone-in, I picked up the task of trying to
find a clearer way to display the parameter tables.

Here is a sample of the material laid out using different
XML methods.

We should discuss at today's meeting

If anyone has any alternative methods that they think
I should try - let me know and I will try them out.

Stewart

3.1.1.  Cellular Backaul Requirements

3.1.1.1.  Just using paragraphs

   GSM/UMTS FDD : frequency

   UMTS TDD : phase alignment

   Mobile Wimax (5) : phase alignment

   LTE : phase alignment

   CDMA2000 : phase alignment

   TD-SCDMA : phase alignment

3.1.1.2.  Using mini-tables

   Synchronization type (e.g. time, frequency or phase)

                  +------------------+-----------------+
                  | GSM/UMTS FDD     | frequency       |
                  | UMTS TDD         | phase alignment |
                  | Mobile Wimax (5) | phase alignment |
                  | LTE              | phase alignment |
                  | CDMA2000         | phase alignment |
                  | TD-SCDMA         | phase alignment |
                  +------------------+-----------------+

   Frequency stability

                   +------------------+----------------+
                   | GSM/UMTS FDD     | 50-250 ppb (1) |
                   | UMTS TDD         | 50-250 ppb (1  |
                   | Mobile Wimax (5) | 15 ppb         |
                   | LTE              | 50-250 ppb (1) |
                   | CDMA2000         | 50-250 ppb (1) |
                   | TD-SCDMA         | 50-250 ppb (1) |
                   +------------------+----------------+

   Uncalibrated time/time accuracy

   +-----------+-------------------------------------------------------+
   | GSM/UMTS  | NA                                                    |
   | FDD       |                                                       |
   | UMTS TDD  | The phase alignment of neighbouring base stations     |
   |           | shall be within 2.5us.                                |
   | Mobile    | The phase alignment of neighbouring base stations     |
   | Wimax (5) | shall be within 1 us                                  |
   | LTE       | From 1us to 50us (2, 3)                               |
   | CDMA2000  | The pilot time alignment error should be less than    |
   |           | 3us and shall be less than 10us(compared to system    |
   |           | time)                                                 |
   | TD-SCDMA  | The phase alignment of neighbouring base stations     |
   |           | shall be within 3us                                   |
   +-----------+-------------------------------------------------------+

3.1.1.3.  Using Figures

   Synchronization type (e.g. time, frequency or phase)

   GSM/UMTS FDD     : frequency
   UMTS TDD         : phase alignment
   Mobile WiMAX (5) : phase alignment
   LTE              : phase alignment
   TDMA2000         : phase alignment
   TD-SCDMA         : phase alignment

   Frequency stability

   GSM/UMTS FDD     : 50-250 ppb (1)
   UMTS TDD         : 50-250 ppb (1
   Mobile WiMAX (5) : 15 ppb
   LTE              : 50-250 ppb (1)
   TDMA2000         : 50-250 ppb (1)
   TD-SCDMA         : 50-250 ppb (1)

   Uncalibrated time/time accuracy

   GSM/UMTS FDD     : NA
   UMTS TDD         : The phase alignment of neighbouring base stations
                      shall be within 2.5us.
   Mobile WiMAX (5) : The phase alignment of neighbouring base stations
                      shall be within 1 us
   LTE              : From 1us to 50us (2, 3)
   TDMA2000         : The pilot time alignment error should be less than
                      3us and shall be less than 10us (compared to
                      system time)
   TD-SCDMA         : The phase alignment of neighbouring base stations
                      shall be within 3us

3.1.1.4.  The original

                      Cellular Backhaul Requirements

   +-----------+-------+--------+---------+--------+---------+---------+
   | Requireme | GSM/U | UMTS   | Mobile  | LTE    | CDMA200 | TD-SCDM |
   | nts       | MTS   | TDD    | Wimax   |        | 0       | A       |
   |           |  FDD  |        | (5)     |        |         |         |
   +-----------+-------+--------+---------+--------+---------+---------+
   | Synchroni | frequ | phase  | phase   | phase  | phase   | phase   |
   | zation    | ency  | alignm | alignme | alignm | alignme | alignme |
   |  type     |       | ent    | nt      | ent    | nt      | nt      |
   |  (e.g.    |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  time,    |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  frequenc |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | yor phase |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | )         |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | Frequency | 50-25 | 50-250 | 15 ppb  | 50-250 | 50-250  | 50-250  |
   | stability | 0ppb  | ppb    |         | ppb    | ppb (1) | ppb (1) |
   |           |  (1)  | (1)    |         | (1)    |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | Frequency | 50-25 | 50-250 | 15 ppb  | 50-250 | 50-250  | 50-250  |
   | accuracy  | 0ppb  | ppb    |         | ppb    | ppb (1) | ppb (1) |
   |           |  (1)  | (1)    |         | (1)    |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | Uncalibra |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | ted       |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  time/tim |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | estabilit |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | y         |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | Uncalibra | NA    | The    | The     | From   | The     | The     |
   | ted       |       | phase  | phase   | 1us to | pilot   | phase   |
   |  time/tim |       | alignm | alignme | 50us   | time    | alignme |
   | eaccuracy |       | ent of | nt of   | (2, 3) | alignme | nt of   |
   |           |       |  neigh |  neighb |        | nt erro |  neighb |
   |           |       | bourin | ouring  |        | rshould | ouring  |
   |           |       | g base |   base  |        |  be les |   base  |
   |           |       |   stat |   stati |        | sthan   |   stati |
   |           |       | ions   | onsshal |        |  3us an | onsshal |
   |           |       |    sha | l  be   |        | dshall  | l  be   |
   |           |       | ll be  |    with |        |  be les |    with |
   |           |       |    wit | in 1 us |        | sthan   | in 3us  |
   |           |       | hin2.5 |         |        |  10us(c |         |
   |           |       | us.    |         |        | ompared |         |
   |           |       |        |         |        |   to    |         |
   |           |       |        |         |        |   syste |         |
   |           |       |        |         |        | m time) |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |

Rodrigues & Lindqvist   Expires September 3, 2009               [Page 7]

Internet-Draft                   TICTOC                       March 2009

   | Stabiliza | As    | As     | As soon | As     | As soon | As soon |
   | tion time | soon  | soon   | as      | soon   | as      | as      |
   |           | as    | as     | possibl | as     | possibl | possibl |
   |           | possi | possib | e       | possib | e       | e       |
   |           | ble   | le     |         | le     |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | Jitter on | Depen | Depend |         | Depend | Depends | Depends |
   | recovered | ds on | son th |         | son th | on the  | on the  |
   | timing    |  the  | eoscil |         | eoscil | oscilla | oscilla |
   | signal    |  osci | lator  |         | lator  | tor     | tor     |
   |           | llato |   stab |         |   stab |  stabil |  stabil |
   |           | r sta | ility  |         | ility  | ity     | ity     |
   |           | bilit |        |         |        |         |         |
   |           | y     |        |         |        |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | Wander on | Depen | Depend |         | Depend | Depends | Depends |
   | recovered | ds on | son th |         | son th | on the  | on the  |
   | timing    |  the  | eoscil |         | eoscil | oscilla | oscilla |
   | signal    |  osci | lator  |         | lator  | tor     | tor     |
   |           | llato |   stab |         |   stab |  stabil |  stabil |
   |           | r sta | ility  |         | ility  | ity     | ity     |
   |           | bilit |        |         |        |         |         |
   |           | y     |        |         |        |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |
   | What      |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | expected  |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | network   |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | character |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | istics    |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  (WAN,    |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  LAN, MAN |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | ,private, |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  public,  |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   |  etc)?    |       |        |         |        |         |         |
   | --------- | ----- | ------ | ------  | ------ | ------  | ------- |

---

From: "Odonoghue, Karen F CIV NSWCDD, W23" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:46:04 -0500

Folks,

I apologize as I didn't get a draft of the definitions completed
and distributed. I will continue to work on them...

Karen