Subject: [TICTOC] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 08:00:01 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Timing over IP Connection and Transfer of Clock Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Transporting PTP messages (1588) over MPLS Networks
	Author(s)       : S. Davari, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-00.txt
	Pages           : 35
	Date            : 2011-01-26

This document defines the method for transporting PTP messages (PDUs)
over an MPLS network to enable a proper handling of these packets
(e.g. implementation of Transparent Clocks (TC)) in LSRs.

The basic idea is to transport PTP messages inside dedicated MPLS
LSPs.  These LSPs only carry PTP messages and possibly Control and
Management packets, but they do not carry customer traffic.

Two methods for transporting 1588 over MPLS are defined.  The first
method is to transport PTP messages directly over the dedicated MPLS
LSP via UDP/IP encapsulation, which is suitable for IP/MPLS networks.
The second method is to transport PTP messages inside a PW via
Ethernet encapsulation, which is more suitable for MPLS-TP networks.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tictoc-1588overmpls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.