Subject: [TICTOC] Review request for IPsec security for packet based synchronization (Yang Cui)

From: Cui Yang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 01:41:51 +0000

Dear IPsec experts,
cc TICTOC WG

May I make a review request for the draft on
"IPsec security for packet based synchronization"

http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-xu-tictoc-ipsec-security-for-synchronization/

Abstract:
Cellular networks often use Internet standard technologies to handle
   synchronization.  This document defines an extension based on WESP.
   Usually, several traffic flows are carried in one IPsec tunnel, for
   some applications, such as, 1588 or NTP, the packets need to be
   identified after IPsec encryption to handle specially.  In order to
   achieve high scalability in implement, a separate IPsec tunnel will
   not be established for some special traffic.  This document analyses
   the need for security methods for synchronization messages
   distributed over the Internet.  This document also gives a solution
   on how to mark the synchronization message when IPSec is implemented
   in end to end frequency synchronization."

This work is proposed in TICTOC WG, but closely related to the IPsec security issues in synchronization.
We would like to get advices from security experts.

Any comments will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Best regards,
--
  Yang Cui
  Huawei Technologies
  [email-masked]