Subject: [TICTOC] Fwd: Call for Participation - IEEE P1588(tm) Study Group

From: Brian Haberman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 19:54:47 -0500

From: IEEE Standards Association [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:57 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Call for Participation - IEEE P1588(tm) Study Group

   click here if you have trouble viewing this email

                   IEEE P1588™ Study Group (SG)
                   Call for Participation

                         The IEEE P1588™ Study Group (SG) announces a 
Call for Participation (CFP) to develop a Project Authorization Request 
(PAR) for the revision of IEEE 1588™ -2008, Standard for a Precision 
Clock Synchronization Protocol for Networked Measurement and Control 
Systems.

                         IEEE P1588 SG is sponsored by the 
Instrumentation and Measurement Society (IMS)/TC-9. IEEE 1588-2008 is 
also published as International Standard IEC/IEEE 61588, which was 
processed through subcommittee 65C: Industrial networks, of IEC 
technical committee 65: Industrial-process measurement, control and 
automation.

                         IEEE P1588 SG is seeking participants with a 
technical or commercial interest in IEEE 1588 -2008. We ask that you 
please share this CFP with any colleagues that are eligible to participate.

                         Participants are expected to adhere to the 
IEEE-SA guidelines for SG members, and IEEES-SA Patent Policy.

                         MEETING INFORMATION:

                         The first IEEE P1588, face-to-face SG meeting 
is scheduled for Tuesday and Wednesday, 2 and 3 April 2013 in 
Gaithersburg, MD, USA, at NIST. Attendees must register for this event 
no later than 13 February 2013.

                         Preliminary one hour teleconferences will be 
held on Friday 22 February, and Wednesday 6 March 2013 at 16:00 UTC 
(11AM EST). Anyone planning to attend the 2-3 April, face-to-face 
meeting must participate in at least one of the teleconferences.

                               PARTICIPATION:

                               To join the IEEE P1588 SG, we ask that 
you please:

                               - create an email (subject line: IEEE 
P1588 SG participation)
                               - include your name, organization, email, 
& phone number
                               - indicate whether you will be attending 
the 2-3 April meeting
                               - and submit to:

                               Silvana Rodrigues
                               IEEE P1588 Study Group
                               SG Secretary
                               [email-masked]

                               NOTE:
                               If you plan on attending the face-to-face 
meeting on 2-3 April, your email must be received no later than 13 
February 2013!

                         Participants will be expected to attend the 
Study Group's regular meetings. Times and agendas will be posted on the 
IEEE 1588 WG site. If you have further questions about the SG, feel free 
to contact:

                         Doug Arnold
                         email: [email-masked]

                         John Eidson
                         email: [email-masked]

                         Kang Lee
                         email:[email-masked]

                         IEEE Standards Association
                         445 Hoes Lane
                         Piscataway, NJ 08854

                         STAND WITH US!
                         learn more about
                         OpenStand

                   Copyright 2013 IEEE-SA | IEEE-SA Home | Privacy & 
Security

                   click here to unsubscribe instantly

===