Subject: Re: [TICTOC] WGLC on draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib-05.txt

From: Alan Luchuk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 13:51:04 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

SNMP Research created an SNMP agent prototype from the most current
PTPBASE-MIB (with a last updated date of 201207230000Z).   We had no
technical difficulties doing so, and do not know of SNMP-related
technical reasons that draft-ietf-tictoc-ptp-mib-05.txt cannot be
advanced in the standardization process.  That said, we do not have
PTP expertise, and are not qualified to comment about whether the
instrumentation itself would be useful to the internet community.

We hope this information is useful to the TICTOC WG, and will be happy
to answer more specific questions or provide additional information.

Regards,
--Alan

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Alan Luchuk               SNMP Research, Inc.          Voice:  +1 865 573 1434
 Senior Software Engineer  3001 Kimberlin Heights Road  FAX:    +1 865 573 9197
 luchuk at snmp.com        Knoxville, TN  37920-9716    http://www.snmp.com/
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------