Subject: [tlp-interest] Trust decision on new Trust Legal Provisions (TLP) Effective 12 September 2009

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 10:22:41 -0400

Greetings!

This message is to announce that the IETF Trustees have reached  
consensus on
a new version of the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP), to be effective 12  
September, 2009. The
Grace period for old-boilerplate will begin on that date, and last  
through 12 December, 2009.

The new document updating the  Trust Legal Provisions was approved by  
the Trustees after a consideration of "last call" comments in a  
telechat on September 3rd, and is available from

http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html

or directly at

http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf .

Informally, this version has been referred to as "TLP Version 3.0."

The requests for comments for this change were issued on June 23, 2009  
1:32:05 AM EDT and updated July 18, 2009 12:55:41 PM EDT, in messages  
entitled

Proposed Revisions to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP)

The Trustees would like to thank everyone who participated in the  
vigorous discussion about these changes.

The Trustees request that discussion of this response be on the
tlp-interest list, [email-masked], with cc to  
[email-masked] . This list can be joined here

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest

A description of the changes from the previous Legal Provisions, those  
effective 15 February 2009 and to be obsoleted 12 September 2009, will  
be provided on that list.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks

---

From: Sandy Ginoza <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 11:06:02 -0700

Hi Marshall,

It seems that the RFC Editor should not be publishing documents with  
the new TLP until 12 September 2009 and that the "Grace period"  
applies to Internet-Drafts only.  Is this correct?

Thanks!
Sandy

On Sep 5, 2009, at 7:22 AM, Marshall Eubanks wrote:

> a new version of the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP), to be effective  
> 12 September, 2009. The
> The new document updating the  Trust Legal Provisions was approved  
> by the Trustees after a consideration of "last call" comments in a  
> The requests for comments for this change were issued on June 23,  
> 2009 1:32:05 AM EDT and updated July 18, 2009 12:55:41 PM EDT, in  
> messages entitled
>
> A description of the changes from the previous Legal Provisions,  
> those effective 15 February 2009 and to be obsoleted 12 September  
> 2009, will be provided on that list.
>
> Regards
> Marshall Eubanks

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2009 13:17:33 -0400

> applies to Internet-Drafts only.  Is this correct?

Both are correct.

> Thanks!

Thank you
Marshall

>> tlp-interest list, [email-masked], with cc to [email-masked] 
>>  . This list can be joined here
>>