Subject: [tlp-interest] Proposed Editorial Change to the Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (TLP)

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 16:23:24 -0500

Greetings;

The Trustees are proposing a technical (editorial) change to the Legal  
Provisions Relating to IETF Documents effective September 12, 2009  
(TLP 3.0) revision 3.2.  This is notice of the technical change  
(revision 3.3) and in the Trust's opinion does not require a change to  
the ongoing review period ending on 27 December 2009.

The change is based on the discussion following the request from the  
community initiated November 25 to review the license and copyright  
notice as it pertains to the Alternate Streams. The Trust review  
identified a need for the technical change to Section 6 as follows :

a.  Section 6 Text To Be Included in IETF Documents.

	1.  Add Section 6.b.ii Alternate Stream Documents Copyright and  
License Notice.   Similar to the IETF stream documents except it  
deletes the requirement that Code Components extracted from the  
document must include Simplified BSD License to conform to the request  
of the Alternate Stream Managers.

The proposed revisions as TLP 3.3 are in rtf, pdf and doc formats and  
located at:  http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html under  
Draft Policies and Procedures for IETF Documents. There is also a 3.0  
diff file in doc and pdf formats at the same location.

The discussion of these proposed changes is taking place on the TLP- 
interest mailing list.  One may subscribe to the TLP mailing list at:https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest

Regards, and thanks in advance,

Marshall Eubanks
IETF Trust Chair

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 09:43:10 +1300

This works for me.

Regards
   Brian Carpenter

On 2009-12-08 10:23, Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> Provisions Relating to IETF Documents effective September 12, 2009 (TLP
> 3.0) revision 3.2.  This is notice of the technical change (revision
> 3.3) and in the Trust's opinion does not require a change to the ongoing
> review period ending on 27 December 2009.
> 
> License Notice.   Similar to the IETF stream documents except it deletes
> the requirement that Code Components extracted from the document must
> include Simplified BSD License to conform to the request of the
> Alternate Stream Managers.
> 
> The discussion of these proposed changes is taking place on the
> TLP-interest mailing list.  One may subscribe to the TLP mailing list
> at:https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest
> 
> _______________________________________________
> tlp-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest
>

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 10:32:01 +0100

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> ...

I have to point out that there's currently no plan in place for updating 
xml2rfc.tcl, thus you really should consider an extended period during 
which the IETF ID submission tool accepts the old boilerplate as well.

Best regards, Julian