Subject: [tlp-interest] Announcement of the new Trust Legal Provisions (TLP 4.0)

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:22:22 -0500

Season's Greetings!

This message is to announce that the IETF Trustees have adopted
on a new version of the Trust Legal Provisions (TLP), to be effective 28
December, 2009. The Grace period for old-boilerplate will begin on  
that date,
and last through 1 February, 2010.

The new document updating the Trust Legal Provisions is available in  
PDF and HTML formats from

http://trustee.ietf.org/policyandprocedures.html

and the PDF version is available directly at

http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf .

Please note that this URL always points to the current TLP. A
stable URI for the TLP effective 28 December, 2009 is

http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy-20091228.pdf  .

The new document updating the Trust Legal Provisions was approved by the
Trustees after a consideration of "last call" comments in a telechat on
December 17, 2009, subject to there being no further substantive  
public comments.

Informally, this version has been referred to as "TLP Version 4.0."
The requests for comments for this change were issued on November 25,  
2009
4:34:48 PM EST in a message entitled "Request for comments on proposed  
changes
to the IETF Trust Legal Provisions (TLP)." An editorial change to this  
document
was proposed on December 7, 2009, 4:23:24 PM EST in a message entitled  
"Proposed
Editorial Change to the Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents  
(TLP)."

The Trustees would like to thank everyone who participated in the  
vigorous
discussion about these changes.

Regards
Marshall Eubanks
Chair / IETF Trust

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 14:18:52 +0100

Marshall Eubanks wrote:
> December, 2009. The Grace period for old-boilerplate will begin on that 
> date,
> The new document updating the Trust Legal Provisions is available in PDF 
> and HTML formats from
> 
> ...

Can we please also have a stable URL for the *previous* version, and 
have it linked from <http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/> (as it was 
the case for the predecessor versions)?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:51:06 -0500

On Dec 29, 2009, at 8:18 AM, Julian Reschke wrote:

>> The new document updating the Trust Legal Provisions is available  
>> in PDF and HTML formats from
> have it linked from <http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/> (as it  
> was the case for the predecessor versions)?
Yes.

In the works.  Expect it next week.

Ray

>
> Best regards, Julian
> _______________________________________________
> tlp-interest mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tlp-interest

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 08:57:10 -0500

Dear Julian;

> was the case for the predecessor versions)?

Here is the stable URL

http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info/archive/IETF-Trust-License-Policy-20090912.pdf

If you go to

and look down at the bottom at

Archive of Obsolete Policies and Procedures

you will see

	• Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (Effective 12 September  
2009 and Obsoleted 28 December 2009)
	• Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (Effective 15 February  
2009 and Obsoleted 12 September 2009)
	• Legal Provisions Relating to IETF Documents (Effective 10 November  
2008 and Obsoleted 15 February 2009)

all of which have stable links.

Please let me know if you have any troubles or suggestions.

I hope there are no additions to this for quite some time to come.

Regards
Marshall

Marshall

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:29:59 +0100

> http://trustee.ietf.org/docs/IETF-Trust-License-Policy.pdf .

OK; trying to figure out what boilerplate changes are asked for:

1) In "Status Of This Memo" remove the "to IETF" from "This 
Internet-Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the 
provisions of BCP 78 and BCP 79."

2) In "Copyright", replace "...as described in the BSD License." by 
"...as described in the Simplified BSD License." (inserting "Simplified")

3) In "Copyright", produce the sentence starting with "Code 
components..." only for IETF stream documents, not for Alternate stream 
documents (independent, IAB, IRTF).

Is this correct?

Best regards, Julian

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 23:06:44 -0500

Dear Julian, et al.;

We will have a boilerplate change description out tomorrow.

Regards
Marshall

On Dec 29, 2009, at 3:29 PM, Julian Reschke wrote:

> 1) In "Status Of This Memo" remove the "to IETF" from "This Internet- 
> Draft is submitted to IETF in full conformance with the provisions  
> of BCP 78 and BCP 79."
>
> components..." only for IETF stream documents, not for Alternate  
> stream documents (independent, IAB, IRTF).
>
> Is this correct?
>
> Best regards, Julian
>