Subject: [Tls-reg-review] TLS ALPN registry: request to add IRC

From: Simon Ser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 11:16:20 +0000

Hi,

The IRC protocol is defined in RFC 2812. I'd like to request
registration for an IRC TLS ALPN ID. The ID can be used in cases where
IRC over TLS is used with a non-standard port (e.g. 443).

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Simon Ser

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:27:08 +0000

This seems like a reasonable thing to do.

You need to say what value you want.

On 11/11/20, 6:16 AM, "Simon Ser" <[email-masked]> wrote:

    Hi,

    Thoughts?

    Thanks,

    Simon Ser

    _______________________________________________
    tls-reg-review mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls-reg-review__;!!GjvTz_vk!H4ZsueEN_-zWZ2BhOb9ZgdPa55KcNo4Kwt2H8kpcgDOhYNmtqfo4dIxe30q7$

---

From: Simon Ser <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:29:44 +0000

> You need to say what value you want.

I'd suggest 0x69 0x72 0x63 ("irc").

---

From: "Salz, Rich" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 15:31:15 +0000

Approved.  Needs another from Yoav or Nick.

On 11/11/20, 10:30 AM, "Simon Ser" <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2020 22:24:38 +0200

Oh. This takes me back to my college days.

Sure.  I approve.

> On 11 Nov 2020, at 17:31, Salz, Rich <rsalz=[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls-reg-review