Subject: [ietf-tls] WAP TLS profile

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:55:02 -0000

Dear all, I'm writing on behalf of the WAP Security Group (WSG) which I
chair to request your comments on the WSG's profile of TLS.

What we are trying to do (as well as get in the extensions in Simon B-W &
Magnus Nystrom's I-d) is to develop a profile of TLS for use by wireless
clients and servers communicating with wireless clients.  Although there are
recommendations for server to "optimise" connections with wireless clients,
it is the intention of the WSG that a client following the profile can
communicate with ANY existing TLS 1.0 server.  This goal  in particular is
what we'd like your comments on.

We know this doc is not perfect (certificate processing does not guarantee
inter-op at present) and we have some changes to make, but I think your
feedback at this stage is still very welcome.  The best place for comments
would be to the TLS list, so others in the group can comment on the
comments.  I hope that isn't considered an invasion of your space.  I should
stress that we're committed to working openly with you to get TLS onto
phones in the best possible way for all.

This doc is now a WAP Forum "Prototype" so is public.  It's at
http://www1.wapforum.org/tech/documents/WAP-219-TLS-20001204-t.pdf I can't
save it directly off my browser but you can pull it out of the browser temp
file store as you know.

You can see the rest of the WAP specs at
http://www.wapforum.org/what/technical.htm

I guess for presentation at the next IETF, if that be appropriate, we have
to convert the doc into an I-d?

Tim

---
You are currently subscribed to ietf-tls as: [email-masked]
To unsubscribe send a blank email to [email-masked]