Subject: [TLS] SEED Ciphersuites Numbers to TLS

From: "Jaeho Yoon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:02:51 +0900

Dear TLS Gurus,

I submitted this draft, 'Addition of SEED Ciphersuites to TLS' and I defined the following numbers in section 2.

CipherSuite TLS_RSA_WITH_SEED_CBC_SHA      = { 0x00,0x60};
CipherSuite TLS_DH_DSS_WITH_SEED_CBC_SHA   = { 0x00,0x61);
CipherSuite TLS_DH_RSA_WITH_SEED_CBC_SHA   = { 0x00,0x62);
CipherSuite TLS_DHE_DSS_WITH_SEED_CBC_SHA  = { 0x00,0x63};
CipherSuite TLS_DHE_RSA_WITH_SEED_CBC_SHA  = { 0x00,0x64};
CipherSuite TLS_DH_anon_WITH_SEED_CBC_SHA  = { 0x00,0x65}

But Pasi Eronen suggested renumbering these ciphersuites to 0x00,0x96...0x9B.

And other authors and I decided to accept Pasi's suggestion. 

Does anyone have other opinions on these numbers? 

Thanks.

---------------------------------------------------
Jaeho Yoon, 

Infrastructure Security Division
Korea Information Security Agency

7th FL, West Building, IT Venture Tower, 
78, Garak dong, Songpa gu, Seoul 138-803, Korea
TEL : +82-2-4055-434  FAX : +82-2-4055-219
e-mail : [email-masked]
---------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: "John Banes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:31:43 -0800

Sounds like a good suggestion. Your original numbers conflict with ones
defined in the 56-bit cipher suite draft specification. This draft was
never pushed through the standard process (because the author got lazy
in my opinion); however it has been widely implemented.

Regards,
John

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Jaeho Yoon
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 11:03 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TLS] SEED Ciphersuites Numbers to TLS 
Importance: High

Dear TLS Gurus,

I submitted this draft, 'Addition of SEED Ciphersuites to TLS' and I
defined the following numbers in section 2.

But Pasi Eronen suggested renumbering these ciphersuites to
0x00,0x96...0x9B.

Thanks.