Subject: Re: [TLS] draft-ietf-tls-psk and identity

From: [email-masked] (Peter Gutmann)
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:53:34 +1200

Sam Hartman <[email-masked]> writes:

>As one of the people reviewing the draft, I have two questions I'd like to
>ask.

Apologies for making this a bit of an RTFM reply, but this was discussed at
some length on the list (so it's really an RTFL).  Rather than rehashing it
(and because I argued against it so I'm not really in a position to be too
objective) see http://www.imc.org/ietf-tls/mail-archive/maillist.html, the
thread is "ACTION:draft-ietf-tls-psk-03.txt".
http://www.imc.org/ietf-tls/mail-archive/msg04402.html starts the debate.
There are also earlier comments in "TLS-PSK WGLC comments", e.g.
http://www.imc.org/ietf-tls/mail-archive/msg04389.html, and in "WG Last Call
for draft-ietf-tls-psk-02.txt" at e.g.
http://www.imc.org/ietf-tls/mail-archive/msg04374.html.

Uhh, so as that collection shows, we really have thought about it :-).

Peter.

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls