Subject: RE: [TLS] WG review of draft-salowey-tls-ticket-03.txt

From: "Salowey, Joe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2005 11:12:26 -0700

>  - Can the server send NewSessionTicket on a resumed session? 
> I'm sure people will want to do this at some point, because 
> they'll be storing something in the ticket they want to 
> update (last connection time, for example).
> 
[Joe] Here is some proposed text to handle this case.  Note that in this
cae the server sends the ticket before the client finished which can
raise some issues (e.g the server is not really sure that it is the
client that it gave the ticket), but I don't think they are too servere.

Proposed text to adde to section 3.1:
"If the server successfully verifies the client's ticket
   then it MAY renew the ticket to extend its lifetime by including a
   SessionTicket handshake message after the ServerHello.  The client
   should start using the new ticket as soon as possible for new
   connections.  Note that since the updated ticket is issued before the
   handshake completes it is possible that the client may not put the
   new ticket into use before it initiates new connections.  The server
   MUST NOT assume the client actually received the updated ticket until
   it successfully verifies the client's finished message."

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls