Subject: [TLS] TLS Certificate Staus Extension interoperability testing

From: "Yngve N. Pettersen (Developer Opera Software ASA)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 03:12:03 +0200

Hello all,

As I mentioned in an earlier message I've been looking at implementing the  
RFC 3546 Certificate Status TLS Extension (RFC 3546).

Experimental support for this extension is included in the Opera 9.0  
Technology Preview released this week.

We would appreciate it if developers of TLS for servers that are also  
developing CertificateStatus support try out this extension with this  
release. Please report any problems you find to me.

Other things that may be of interest to the TLS community in this version:

   - We are (again) testing if it is possible to disable SSL v2 as well as  
the 40 and 56 bit ciphers in the defult configuration. A similar test a  
year ago revealed that too many significant sites were still using these,  
but serveral, if not all, of the more important ones have now upgraded.

   - The SSL v3+ Client Hello is now used in the initial handshake to a  
server, with a fallback to SSL v2 Client Hello if there is a problem.

   - TLS 1.1 and TLS Extentsions (ServerName and CertificateStatus) are  
enabled by default, but are only used after tests have shown that the  
server is able to handle these features. This testing is necessary due to  
the problems with non-compliant servers we discovered a year ago, and  
which caused us to turn these features off by default in Opera v8.x.

For more information and download links please see:

Windows: http://snapshot.opera.com/windows/w90p1.html
Linux:  http://snapshot.opera.com/unix/u90p1.html
Mac:   http://snapshot.opera.com/mac/m90p1.html

-- 
Sincerely,
Yngve N. Pettersen
 
********************************************************************
Senior Developer                     Email: [email-masked]
Opera Software ASA                   http://www.opera.com/
Phone:  +47 24 16 42 60              Fax:    +47 24 16 40 01
********************************************************************

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls