Subject: [TLS] Client based approval of multihop TLS in RTSP 2.0

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 11:47:58 +0100

Hi,

RTSP 2.0 (real-time streaming protocol) draft proposed what I think is a 
quite novel idea of allowing the usage of TLS despite the need for 
proxying the connection. This allows the user to receive and approve the 
certificate of the next hop TLS connection the proxy is establishing on 
behalf of the client. Of course this requires trust in the proxy, but 
seems to be applicable in a number of environments, where the only 
alternative may be to not use TLS at all. For example through company 
firewalls that require auditing.

To help ensuring the correct specification and that we haven't created 
any security holes beyond the one of the trust model we desire your 
review of this proposal. It is documented in section 18.3 of the 
following draft, but please look at 18.2 also:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mmusic-rfc2326bis-12.txt

All type of feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Magnus Westerlund

Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVA/A
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone +46 8 4048287
Torshamsgatan 23           | Fax   +46 8 7575550
S-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden | mailto: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls