Subject: [TLS] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 15:50:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The TLS Protocol
	Author(s)	: T. Dierks, E. Rescorla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-00.txt
	Pages		: 112
	Date		: 2006-3-2
	
   This document specifies Version 1.2 of the Transport Layer Security
   (TLS) protocol. The TLS protocol provides communications security
   over the Internet. The protocol allows client/server applications to
   communicate in a way that is designed to prevent eavesdropping,
   tampering, or message forgery.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.  
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: "Nelson B. Bolyard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 13:37:42 -0800

>    tampering, or message forgery.

But later in the draft, it says:

   version
       The version of the protocol being employed. This document
-->    describes TLS Version 1.1, which uses the version { 3, 2 }. The
       version value 3.2 is historical: TLS version 1.1 is a minor
       modification to the TLS 1.0 protocol, which was itself a minor
       modification to the SSL 3.0 protocol, which bears the version
       value 3.0. (See Appendix A.1).

Pagination of this ID seems irregular.  See page 13, for example.
It contains only 3 lines, the first 3 lines of a paragraph, the rest of
which is on page 14.

This draft uses the ASCII FormFeed (FF) character as if it was an
end-of-line character.  Please change that so that the last line of a
page ends with the usual end-of-line character(s), and the FF character
begins the next line. Some printers & software only recognize the FF
character if it is the first character on a line, e.g. following an
end-of-line character.  So for maximum compatibility...

-- 
Nelson B