Subject: [TLS] Authentication-only ciphersuites for TLS-PSK?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 13:01:19 +0300

Hi everyone,

At the TLS meeting in Montreal last week, Uri Blumenthal gave a
presentation about adding "authentication-only" PSK ciphersuites
(i.e., NULL encryption):

http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/slides/tls-2.pdf 

This has not been submitted as an Internet-Draft yet, but I'd assume
the document-to-be should be quite simple (maybe a page of content
plus couple of pages of boilerplate).  However, even though it's
simple, it would be good to get people to review the document to
ensure that nothing serious is missed, and the security considerations
are accurately described.

Taking this as a TLS WG item would be one way to encourage such
reviews. Are there any objections to accepting this as a WG item?

Best regards,
Pasi & Eric

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls