Subject: [TLS] draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-02.txt

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 12:10:59 -0800

On page 63, it says:

        [PKCS1B] defines a newer version of PKCS#1 encoding that is more
        secure against the Bleichenbacher attack. However, for maximal
        compatibility with TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1 retains the original
        encoding. No variants of the Bleichenbacher attack are known to
        exist provided that the above recommendations are followed.

Does this continue with TLS 1.2?

Thanks,

Mike

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Bodo Moeller <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 16:18:34 +0100

> Does this continue with TLS 1.2?

Yes, so TLS 1.2 should be mentioned here too.  (There's a number of
places where draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-02.txt fails to use the
updated version number.)

Bodo