Subject: [TLS] TLS 1.0 question

From: Ken Peirce <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:31:52 -0700 (PDT)

Is there any reason an implementation of TLS 1.0 couldn't use the     TLS_DHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA   cipher suite.
   
  Cheers,
  Ken
   
_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Mike <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2007 18:31:57 -0700

> Is there any reason an implementation of TLS 1.0 couldn't use the     
> TLS_DHE_PSK_WITH_AES_128_CBC_SHA   cipher suite.

No.  As long as the cipher suite doesn't require features of
a future version, you can use it.  You could even use it with
SSLv3 since it doesn't require extensions.  Note that there
are some new cipher suites that use AEAD encryption with
authentication, and thus can only be used with TLS 1.2 (or
later).

Mike