Subject: [TLS] Protocol Action: 'The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:01:05 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'The Transport Layer Security (TLS) Protocol Version 1.2 '
   <draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-10.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Transport Layer Security Working 
Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Tim Polk and Pasi Eronen.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tls-rfc4346-bis-10.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies version 1.2 of the Transport Layer
   Security (TLS) protocol. The most important improvements over
   earlier versions are algorithm agility for digital signatures
   and PRFs, and support for authenticated encryption modes. The
   document also merges in AES cipher suites from RFC 3268 and the
   TLS extension mechanism from RFC 4366. Several requirements have
   been also tightened, and text has been clarified based on
   feedback from implementations of earlier versions of TLS.

Working Group Summary

   This document is a product of the Transport Layer 
   Security (TLS) Working Group.

Document Quality

   There is at least one prototype implementation of an earlier
   version of TLS 1.2 Internet-Draft. Several other vendors have
   participated in the work, and have indicated that they plan to
   implement the specification.

Personnel

   The Document Shepherd for this document is Pasi Eronen, and 
   the Responsible Area Director is Tim Polk.

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls