Subject: [TLS] Review of draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-00

From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 08:13:51 -0700

I have read the draft draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk-00.  I found it to be a
clear description of the addition of ECDH PSK ciphersuites to TLS.  I
did not find any major issues with the document.  Here are a few minor
nits:

1. It might be useful to refer to reader to RFC 4492 for curve
negotiation. Perhaps insert the following into section 2 (maybe as the
first sentence after the ciphersuite list):

"These CipherSuites make use of the EC parameter negotiation mechanism
defined in RFC 4492."

2. Since there is a fair amount of text about encoding of PSK identity
in RFC 4279, it is probably worthwhile to add this to the second
paragraph of section 2, perhaps as:

"The PSK identity and identity hint fields have the same meaning and
encoding specified in [RFC4279]."

Joe
_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls