Subject: [TLS] TLS Working Group Status

From: "Joseph Salowey (jsalowey)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 08:15:22 -0700

The following is a summary the status of various working group items

DES and IDEA Cipher Suites - draft-ietf-tls-des-idea - A publication
request has been sent to the IESG

PSK cipher suites - draft-ietf-tls-psk-new-mac-aes-gcm - the document
has completed last call. There is one open issue with respect to
backwards compatibility for below TLS 1.2.  The draft has been modified
to include backwards compatibility.  The current plan is to send the
document to the IESG so the process can begin, but to discuss this open
issue at the meeting in Minneapolis and update the document if consensus
requires it.  

PSK cipher suites - draft-ietf-tls-ecdhe-psk - This draft has complete
WG last call with no open issues.  The plan is to submit it to the IESG.

TLS Extensions - draft-ietf-tls-rfc4366-bis - There are several open
issues on this draft.  This will be discussed in the Minneapolis
Meeting.  The goal is to get to working group last call after the next
meeting.  

TLS Extractor - draft-ietf-tls-extractor - The author will submit a new
draft and we will start working group last call on the document.  Open
issues will be discussed in Minneapolis. 

DTLS 1.2 - draft-ietf-tls-rfc4347-bis - There has been productive
discussion on this draft in the working group.  There will be discussion
on this in Minneapolis.  The plan is to keep discussion open on this
draft for a few more months as long as substantive issues are being
brought up.  

_______________________________________________
TLS mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls