Subject: [TLS] [Fwd: I-D Action:draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-01.txt]

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 16:23:02 -0600

This might be of interest to the TLS community. Please discuss on the
[email-masked] list:

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/apps-discuss

/psa

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action:draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-01.txt
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:15:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : Server Identity Verification in Application Protocols
	Author(s)       : P. Saint-Andre, et al.
	Filename        : draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-01.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-08-31

Technologies such as Transport Layer Security (TLS) and IPsec enable
a secure connection between two entities (a "client" and a "server")
using X.509 certificates.  This document specifies recommended
procedures for checking the identity of the server in such an
interaction.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-tls-server-id-check-01.txt