Subject: [TLS] Submission of draft-ietf-tls-tls13-02

From: Eric Rescorla <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2014 18:10:05 -0700

Folks,

I have just submitted draft-02 of TLS 1.3. You can find it at:

  http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-02

(when it goes up).

This is obviously a WIP, but it would be good to get people's review
so we can improve it and discuss in Toronto.

Here is a list of the major changes:

- Increment version number
- Reworked handshake to provide 1-RTT mode.
- Remove custom DHE groups
- Removed support for compression.
- Removed support for static RSA key exchange
- Removed support for static DH key exchange
- Removed support for non-AEAD ciphers

Note that not all the changes here have had WG consensus declarations,
but they reflect my sense of the WG discussion.

If you find something that you think is wrong, please raise those
topics on the list.

For editorial or minor issues, it's easier if you file an issue or
send me a pull request.  As always, the current state is on Github at:

Repo:           https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
Editor's draft: https://tlswg.github.io/tls13-spec/

As noted above, this is still a WIP, so expect to see more pull requests
proposed resolutions, and issues raised between now and Toronto.

Thanks,
-Ekr