Subject: [TLS] Cipher suite values for ChaCha20/Poly1305?

From: Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 18:58:15 -0700

http://www.iana.org/assignments/tls-parameters/tls-parameters.xhtml
does not list cipher suite values for ChaCha20 and Poly1305. I hope
the page is outdated and missing updates.

Do we have cipher suite values for ChaCha20/Poly1305? If not, when can
we expect them?

Related: if not, does anyone know why it is taking so long? (I don't
want to appear cynical, but I find it hard to believe it takes months
and years to agree on an unsigned short value(s)).

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 22:04:07 -0500

We’re going to be doing a WG call for adoption shortly.

spt

On Mar 26, 2015, at 20:58, Jeffrey Walton <[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: Yoav Nir <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 07:51:34 -0500

And if/when the WG adopts, we might want to ask for early assignment of code points.

Yoav

> On Mar 26, 2015, at 10:04 PM, Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:02:27 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
> And if/when the WG adopts, we might want to ask for early assignment of code

I've implemented the drafts in gnutls and created a temporary server which
negotiates the following ciphersuites:

TLS_RSA_CHACHA20_POLY1305       { 0xCD, 0x30 }
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_CHACHA20_POLY1305 { 0xCD, 0x31 }
TLS_ECDHE_ECDSA_CHACHA20_POLY1305	{ 0xCD, 0x32 }
TLS_DHE_RSA_CHACHA20_POLY1305	{ 0xCD, 0x33 }
TLS_DHE_PSK_CHACHA20_POLY1305	{ 0xCD, 0x34 }
TLS_PSK_CHACHA20_POLY1305	{ 0xCD, 0x35 }
TLS_ECDHE_PSK_CHACHA20_POLY1305	{ 0xCD, 0x36 }
TLS_RSA_PSK_CHACHA20_POLY1305	{ 0xCD, 0x37 }

If you successfully (or unsuccessfully) checked interoperability drop me a line.

regards,
Nikos

---

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 15:03:30 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
> If you successfully (or unsuccessfully) checked interoperability drop me a

I pressed sent before sending the server address :)
The server is at: nikos.codelas.eu:4443

regards,
Nikos

---

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 21:37:23 +0200

> If you successfully (or unsuccessfully) checked interoperability drop me a line.

Uh,

Is this "old" Chacha20-Poly1305 or the "new" one (AEAD #29)?

These two compute tags differently.

-Ilari

---

From: Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2015 17:04:20 -0400 (EDT)

----- Original Message -----
> These two compute tags differently.

It follows the latest drafts:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mavrogiannopoulos-chacha-tls-04
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-irtf-cfrg-chacha20-poly1305-10

regards,
Nikos