Subject: [TLS] draft-guballa-tls-terminology-00.txt

From: "GUBALLA, JENS (JENS)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2015 13:41:39 +0000

Hello,

Based on the study of TLS- and DTLS-related RFCs we defined a set of (D)TLS
terminology terms
(http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-guballa-tls-terminology-00.txt). We put the
focus on key terms which were causing some controversy so far (other
IETF-WGs, outside of IETF).

The purpose of this document is to provide a central place of key terms as
used in TLS and DTLS RFCs.

We are appreciating any feedback.

Thanks,
Jens and Juergen

---

From: "Schwarz, Albrecht (Albrecht)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2015 14:42:23 +0000

With regards to

	3.5.2. Term "(D)TLS session rekeying"

Would suggest to add following sentence to "Notes:":
	[RFC5763], clause 6.8 provides a high-level description of a "rekeying concept" in context of DTLS-based SRTP key management.

-Albrecht

-----Original Message-----
From: TLS [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of GUBALLA, JENS (JENS)
Sent: Montag, 9. März 2015 14:42
To: [email-masked] ([email-masked])
Subject: [TLS] draft-guballa-tls-terminology-00.txt

Hello,

Based on the study of TLS- and DTLS-related RFCs we defined a set of (D)TLS terminology terms (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-guballa-tls-terminology-00.txt). We put the focus on key terms which were causing some controversy so far (other IETF-WGs, outside of IETF).

The purpose of this document is to provide a central place of key terms as used in TLS and DTLS RFCs.

Thanks,
Jens and Juergen