Subject: Re: [TLS] AES-OCB in TLS [New Version Notification for draft-zauner-tls-aes-ocb-03.txt]

From: Aaron Zauner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Aug 2015 23:17:05 +0200

Hi,

A short update on the matter of IPR related to AES-OCB in TLS:

It took some time but over the past couple of weeks all IPR exemptions
have been filed by the original patent holders (Rogaway and IBM
[Jutla]). These IPR exemptions can be viewed over here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?submit=draft&id=draft-zauner-tls-aes-ocb

Specifically..
Rogaway: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2640/
IBM: https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2647/

The current document is available on the IETF website, I've made a few
minor editorial changes in my git repository [0] but not yet uploaded a
new version of the document as I'm still waiting if people would like to
see more substantial changes to the document.

I'd be happy to receive feedback on the document and am looking forward
for people to try out AES-OCB in TLS (an upcoming OpenSSL version will
ship with default-support I am told).

Thanks for your patience,
Aaron

[0] https://github.com/azet/draft-zauner-tls-aes-ocb/commits/master

---

From: Matt Caswell <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Aug 2015 12:42:08 +0100

On 05/08/15 22:17, Aaron Zauner wrote:
> I'd be happy to receive feedback on the document and am looking
> forward for people to try out AES-OCB in TLS (an upcoming OpenSSL
> version will ship with default-support I am told).

We already have AES-OCB in libcrypto in OpenSSL master (forthcoming
version 1.1.0). However we don't yet have any OCB TLS ciphersuite
support and I'm not aware of anyone currently working on it. That's
not to say it couldn't be included if someone were to provide a patch.

Matt