Subject: [TLS] TLS 1.0

From: Jason Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 08:52:25 -0800

Hello,

I'm actually looking for a list of browsers that still support TLS 1.0.
Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

JASON MITCHELL
Director of Client Services
[email-masked]
<https://bits.zynbit.com/link?guid=8cae7fe6-5623-aafd-4312-cdad1d99ea9c&url=mailto:[email-masked]>

   -

---

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 21:48:29 +0200

> Any information that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

I think all browsers (outside some research stuff) support TLS 1.0.
After all, TLS 1.0 is still the most widely implemented TLS version
in the web serverside (TLS 1.2 is projected to overtake it in a few
months).

Basically, not supporting TLS 1.0 would cause horrible failure rates
(and this also goes for some other very broken stuff like static RSA).

This certainly includes the newest versions of (the full list would be
pretty much the same as list of browsers):

- Firefox (and its derivates)
- Chrome (and Chromium)
- Internet Explorer
- Opera
- Edge
- Safari
- Konqueror

And many lesser-known browsers.

On the positive side, even semi-recent versions of all the listed
browsers do support TLS 1.2.

(Debian unstable a few months ago was such that if you installed
Konqueror from the repository, TLS 1.0 was hard-disabled in it).

-Ilari

---

From: Jason Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2018 12:20:50 -0800

Thank you!

JASON MITCHELL

<https://contactmonkey.com/api/v1/tracker?cm_session=39aa6c41-eddd-45ce-bd48-0118eabbc842&cm_type=link&cm_link=b348a5d4-9c21-4a96-9b7a-14de7f9e8306&cm_destination=https://bits.zynbit.com/link?guid=26774301-582f-a054-cb8c-04efafb0d68f&url=http://www.ticketsauce.com/>

 WWW.TICKETSAUCE.COM
<https://contactmonkey.com/api/v1/tracker?cm_session=39aa6c41-eddd-45ce-bd48-0118eabbc842&cm_type=link&cm_link=2bbc3f0b-0925-44ca-bb2d-84297ec4ac6f&cm_destination=https://bits.zynbit.com/link?guid=f505de22-626f-2441-83fb-aa416491f579&url=http://www.ticketsauce.com/>

   - For immediate Support: [email-masked]
   <https://bits.zynbit.com/link?guid=912bb865-eed4-a5b3-d6e6-2114c3af6bf9&url=mailto:[email-masked]>

---

From: Hubert Kario <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 14:50:19 +0100

> Konqueror from the repository, TLS 1.0 was hard-disabled in it).

There is plan to disable TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 in Fedora 28:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/StrongCryptoSettings

Debian unstable did that for OpenSSL already:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/08/msg00004.html

So 2018 may be the first year we see at least some major browsers deployed 
with TLS 1.0 support disabled by default.

-- 
Regards,
Hubert Kario
Senior Quality Engineer, QE BaseOS Security team
Web: www.cz.redhat.com
Red Hat Czech s.r.o., Purkyňova 115, 612 00  Brno, Czech Republic