Subject: [TLS] TLS 1.3 Specification

From: "Ghosh, Ipsito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 12:57:02 +0000

Dear Team,

Some of the SSL providers are already rolled out TLS 1.3 ( OpenSSL , BoringSSL etc) .

Does the TLS 1.3 draft is finalized yet ?

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-tls13-28

Regards,
Ipsito

---

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2018 09:08:24 -0400

The IESG has approved the draft, but it still needs to complete the RFC editor phase where copy editing, changing of the boilerplate, assigning an RFC #, etc gets done to make it an RFC.  You can see the RFC editor’s queue here:

https://www.rfc-editor.org/current_queue.php

spt

> On May 3, 2018, at 08:57, Ghosh, Ipsito <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Dear Team, 
>  
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls

---

From: David Benjamin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2018 15:21:41 +0000

BoringSSL and OpenSSL have are draft versions which use different version
numbers from the final RFC, so as not to collide. Early experimental
deployment is generally useful to help inform the final standard and flush
out any non-compliant TLS 1.2 implementations that may cause deployment
difficulties. (This, of course, also means that any draft versions are
experimental and doomed to be replaced by the final RFC once published.)

On Thu, May 3, 2018 at 9:08 AM Sean Turner <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The IESG has approved the draft, but it still needs to complete the RFC
> editor phase where copy editing, changing of the boilerplate, assigning an
> RFC #, etc gets done to make it an RFC.  You can see the RFC editor’s queue
> here:
>