Subject: [TLS] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tls-grease-03.txt> (Applying GREASE to TLS Extensibility) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 19:11:11 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Layer Security WG (tls) to
consider the following document: - 'Applying GREASE to TLS Extensibility'
  <draft-ietf-tls-grease-03.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-08-12. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes GREASE (Generate Random Extensions And
   Sustain Extensibility), a mechanism to prevent extensibility failures
   in the TLS ecosystem.  It reserves a set of TLS protocol values that
   may be advertised to ensure peers correctly handle unknown values.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-grease/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-grease/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.