Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2019 14:06:55 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Issues and Requirements for SNI Encryption in TLS
        Authors         : Christian Huitema
                          Eric Rescorla
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption-05.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2019-08-15

Abstract:
   This draft describes the general problem of encrypting the Server
   Name Identification (SNI) TLS parameter.  The proposed solutions hide
   a Hidden Service behind a fronting service, only disclosing the SNI
   of the fronting service to external observers.  The draft lists known
   attacks against SNI encryption, discusses the current "co-tenancy
   fronting" solution, and presents requirements for future TLS layer
   solutions.

   In practice, it may well be that no solution can meet every
   requirement, and that practical solutions will have to make some
   compromises.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-sni-encryption-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/