Subject: [TLS] Alexey Melnikov's Yes on draft-ietf-tls-grease-03: (with COMMENT)

From: Alexey Melnikov via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Aug 2019 02:38:54 -0700

Alexey Melnikov has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-grease-03: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-grease/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I am looking forward to this being deployed.

TLS 1.2 should be a Normative reference, despite being obsolete, as some of the
requirements only apply to TLS 1.2.

---

From: David Benjamin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2019 17:25:28 -0400

> I am looking forward to this being deployed.

It already is deployed in Chrome. :-)

> requirements only apply to TLS 1.2.

Fair enough. Added in my local copy, which I'll upload as -04 once all the
comments come in.

---

From: David Benjamin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 14:21:42 -0400

> Fair enough. Added in my local copy, which I'll upload as -04 once all the

Uploaded:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-tls-grease-03&url2=draft-ietf-tls-grease-04