Subject: [TLS] Call for independent experts (TLS) for Stage 4 of the PAKE selection process

From: "Stanislav V. Smyshlyaev" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2019 10:28:06 +0300

Dear TLS WG,

I am writing this message on behalf of the CFRG chairs.

Currently there is an ongoing PAKE selection process in the CFRG.
According to the plan of the PAKE selection process, the CFRG chairs have
selected a number of PAKE-related topics that require independent reviews
from experts deeply involved in several particular areas of IETF work: TLS
and IPsec protocols, constrained environments and privacy.

The chairs would like to announce the call for reviewers, who will be asked
to prepare their reviews regarding one or more of the following topics
about the nominated PAKEs:
*- Convenience for usage within/together with TLS 1.3 Handshake.*
- Convenience for usage within/together with IKEv2.
- Convenience for usage in M2M/IoT protocols (i.e., with corresponding
constrains on hardware).
- Privacy considerations (e.g., recommendations to prevent user
enumeration).

The experts who would like to volunteer to do such a review are kindly
asked to choose:
1) which topics from the provided list will be considered by them;
2) whether they could prepare their reviews for
- all four balanced PAKEs,
- all four augmented PAKEs or
- all eight candidate PAKEs.

We ask each of the expert to prepare reviews for all PAKEs (or at least all
balanced/all augmented ones) to be sure that each of the PAKEs will be
studied from the same points of view.

*The call for reviewers will last until the 15th of August. Please send a
message to [email-masked] <[email-masked]> or [email-masked]
<[email-masked]>, if you could help. *
Deadline for the reviews is 15th of September.

The reviews will later be provided to Crypto Review Panel experts, who will
prepare their overall reviews during Stage 5.

Best regards,
Stanislav Smyshlyaev,
CFRG Secretary