Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2020 03:32:49 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+1/-0/💬8)
  1 issues created:
  - Restrict ECHO inner/outer variance for interop purposes (by sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/223 

  5 issues received 8 new comments:
  - #223 Restrict ECHO inner/outer variance for interop purposes (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/223 
  - #218 HPKE code points vs. TLS ciphersuites (3 by bifurcation, chris-wood, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/218 
  - #217 ECHOConfigContents.extensions is not needed (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/217 
  - #214 Clarify whether ClientHelloInner can support TLS 1.2. (2 by ekr, grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/214 
  - #177 GREASE ESNI extensions are easily distinguished from real ones (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/177 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer (+4/-4/💬0)
  4 issues created:
  - Remove RFC1035 and RFC6234 references (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/33 
  - Link to Selfie upon first reference (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/32 
  - Clarify that EPSKs with the same identity will yield the same imported PSK (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/31 
  - Replace use of "clients" with "endpoints" (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/30 

  4 issues closed:
  - Replace use of "clients" with "endpoints" https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/30 
  - Clarify that EPSKs with the same identity will yield the same imported PSK https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/31 
  - Link to Selfie upon first reference https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/32 
  - Remove RFC1035 and RFC6234 references https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/33 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+1/-1/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Should we require CIDs on all packets (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/144 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #144 Should we require CIDs on all packets (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/144 

  1 issues closed:
  - Improve ACK advice https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/128 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+0/-2/💬2)
  1 issues received 2 new comments:
  - #57 Editor drafts are out-of-date (2 by chris-wood, grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/57 

  2 issues closed:
  - Editor drafts are out-of-date https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/57 
  - Add RSA signing oracle concerns to security considerations https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/59 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate (+2/-0/💬0)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Add reference to transcript collision paper (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/6 
  - Clients MUST NOT include MD5 and SHA-1 in the signature_algorithms extension (by ghedo)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate/pull/5 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+2/-2/💬5)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix outdated references to ESNIConfig (by d1vyank)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/222 
  - Rearrange sentences for better readability (by d1vyank)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/221 

  1 pull requests received 5 new comments:
  - #209 padding scheme text (5 by chris-wood, ekr, sftcd)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/209 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Rearrange sentences for better readability
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/221 
  - Fix outdated references to ESNIConfig
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/222 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer (+2/-2/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Couple of other notes (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/pull/35 
  - Apply edits from Verisign review. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/pull/34 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #29 Tighten up IANA considerations (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/pull/29 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Tighten up IANA considerations
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/pull/29 
  - Apply edits from Verisign review.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/pull/34 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Declining new tickets requires both counters == 0 (by vdukhovni)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest/pull/20 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+3/-8/💬6)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Explicitly provide integrity for the CID (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/143 
  - Ack epochs2 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/142 
  - Ack epochs (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/141 

  5 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #142 Ack epochs2 (2 by chris-wood, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/142 
  - #137 Describe duplication of state machines for post-handshake messages (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/137 
  - #134 Draft -37 changes not uploaded to repo (?) (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/134 
  - #130 Update to Figure 1 (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/130 
  - #129 Removed term "deprotection" (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/129 

  8 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify when to ACK and what to ACK
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/139 
  - Nits and wording improvements.
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/131 
  - Providing an informational design rational for the ACK message
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/140 
  - Allow ACKing non-terminal complete flights if response takes time
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/138 
  - Remove SENDING->FINISHED transition in state machine
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/136 
  - KeyUpdate Clarification
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/135 
  - Indicate to remove Working Group Info Section
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/133 
  - Adding Acknowledgements Section
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/132 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+1/-2/💬1)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Nick/08 (by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/61 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #61 Nick/08 (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/61 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Nick/08
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/61 
  - The impact of signature forgery attacks
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/60 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease