Subject: [TLS] Encoding of delegated credential distribution

From: "Paul Yang" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 14:12:21 +0800

Hi all,

When reading the latest draft of delegated credentials, I didn’t any description about how to distribute a credential from the backend to frontend. As described in the draft:

   Delegated credentials:

   Client            Front-End                 Back-End
     |                            |<--DC distribution->|
     |----ClientHello--->|                               |
     |<---ServerHello----|                             |
     |<---Certificate----|                                |
     |<---CertVerify-----|                               |
     |        ...                 |                               |

Do we need to define some sorts of encoding schemes for the <DC distribution> part?

Regards,

Paul Yang

---

From: Nick Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2020 21:06:30 -0700

Hi Paul,

Thank you for your comment. I would consider the distribution of key
material out of scope for this protocol. Since this is can be an
asynchronous distribution channel between mutually trusting parties,
implementations may vary. As mentioned below, ACME may be suitable
here, but I don't think we should be prescriptive. I'll clarify this in the
next draft.

Nick

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 11:13 PM Paul Yang <kaishen.yy=
[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When reading the latest draft of delegated credentials, I didn’t any
> description about how to distribute a credential from the backend to
> frontend. As described in the draft:
>
>    Delegated credentials:
>
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>