Subject: [TLS] New Version Notification for draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg-01.txt

From: Raja Ashok <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2020 16:58:36 +0530

Hi All,

Updated draft with performance improvement on Client's App data processing
when TLSv1.3 server ignores session ticket msg after handshake. Requesting
all to provide your opinion on this draft.

+------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+
|   Num of Ticket  |  Average time taken by  |  Average time taken by  |
|   send by Serv   |        SSL_read         |        SSL_read         |
|  after handshake |      (AES_GCM_256)      |    (Chacha20Poly1305)   |
+------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+
|        0         |         62 usecs        |          56 usecs       |
|        1         |        102 usecs        |          86 usecs       |
|        2         |        132 usecs        |         128 usecs       |
|        4         |        195 usecs        |         185 usecs       |
|        6         |        250 usecs        |         241 usecs       |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

+------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+
|   Num of Ticket  |    Average number of    |    Average number of    |
|   send by Serv   |  connections per second |  connections per second |
|  after handshake |      (AES_GCM_256)      |    (Chacha20Poly1305)   |
+------------------+-------------------------+-------------------------+
|        0         |           1260          |           1356          |
|        1         |           1134          |           1229          |
|        2         |           1092          |           1141          |
|        4         |           1001          |           1060          |
|        6         |            929          |           1002          |
+----------------------------------------------------------------------+

A new version of I-D, draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Raja Ashok and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg
Revision:       01
Title:          TLS Ticket Request Message
Document date:  2020-04-14
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          5
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg-01.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg/
Htmlized:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg-01
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-rashok-tls-ticket-request-msg-01

Abstract:
   TLS session ticket provides a stateless mechanism for server to
   resume connection with client.  As per TLS 1.3 [RFC8446], server
   always sends arbitary number of session ticket after handshake.  This
   document introduces a new message which is TicketRequest message, it
   can be send by client after handshake at any point of connection
   lifetime to retrieve new session ticket.  The proposed mechanism in
   this document is only for TLS 1.3 and DTLS 1.3 and future versions.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat