Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2020 03:32:51 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+8/-0/💬35)
  8 issues created:
  - "ech_accept" response type undefined. (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/267 
  - Security considerations: SNI leakage vectors (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/266 
  - "outer_extensions": Guidance on what to compress (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/265 
  - Handshake-level vs record-level padding (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/264 
  - "outer_extensions": What's the purpose of the hash? (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/263 
  - "outer_extensions" mechanism is lossy compression (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/262 
  - Spec assumes HPKE uses HKDF (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/261 
  - Add a high-level description of the security goal and threat model to the intro (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/260 

  5 issues received 35 new comments:
  - #266 Security considerations: SNI leakage vectors (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/266 
  - #264 Handshake-level vs record-level padding (5 by chris-wood, davidben, kazuho, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/264 
  - #262 "outer_extensions" mechanism is lossy compression (12 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/262 
  - #261 Spec assumes HPKE uses HKDF (4 by chris-wood, cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/261 
  - #253 Nonce rationale clarity (13 by bemasc, chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/253 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Address WGLC #2 comments (by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/78 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+6/-4/💬6)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix superfluous padding edge cases. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/268 
  - WIP:  (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/259 
  - Fix superfluous padding edge cases. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/258 
  - Adopt QUIC linter, and fix some issues flagged. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/257 
  - s/cleartext/plaintext/g (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/256 
  - Lint (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/255 

  3 pull requests received 6 new comments:
  - #259 WIP: Editorial changes (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/259 
  - #258 Fix superfluous padding edge cases. (3 by bemasc, chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/258 
  - #255 Lint (2 by chris-wood, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/255 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - WIP: Editorial changes
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/259 
  - Adopt QUIC linter, and fix some issues flagged.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/257 
  - Editorial
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/256 
  - Lint
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/255 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease