Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2020 03:32:33 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+5/-5/💬76)
  5 issues created:
  - ServerEncryptedCH: retry_configs vs. retry_keys (by kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/281 
  - When computing config_digest, use I2OSP on integer values. (by kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/280 
  - Computation of `config_digest`: which KDF? (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/278 
  - s/Hkpe/Hpke/? (by cbartle891)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/275 
  - Usage indication: alternatives to trial decryption (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/274 

  10 issues received 76 new comments:
  - #281 ServerEncryptedCH: retry_configs vs. retry_keys (2 by chris-wood, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/281 
  - #280 When computing config_digest, use I2OSP on integer values. (3 by chris-wood, davidben, kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/280 
  - #278 Computation of `config_digest`: which KDF? (15 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/278 
  - #275 s/Hkpe/Hpke/? (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/275 
  - #274 Usage indication: alternatives to trial decryption (45 by MikeBishop, bemasc, chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben, ekr, grittygrease, kazuho, martinthomson, richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/274 
  - #266 Security considerations: SNI leakage vectors (2 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/266 
  - #265 "outer_extensions": Guidance on what to compress (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/265 
  - #264 Handshake-level vs record-level padding (2 by richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/264 
  - #261 Spec assumes HPKE uses HKDF (4 by cjpatton, martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/261 
  - #253 Nonce rationale clarity (1 by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/253 

  5 issues closed:
  - ServerEncryptedCH: retry_configs vs. retry_keys https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/281 
  - "outer_extensions": Guidance on what to compress https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/265 
  - When computing config_digest, use I2OSP on integer values. https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/280 
  - Security considerations: SNI leakage vectors https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/266 
  - s/Hkpe/Hpke/? https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/275 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+10/-6/💬23)
  10 pull requests submitted:
  - Ech confirmation (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/283 
  - Fix leftover references to 'retry_keys' (by kjacobs-moz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/282 
  - Fix typo CllientHelloInner (by thomwiggers)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/279 
  - Nit: fix typo: change 'Hkpe' to 'Hpke'. (by cbartle891)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/277 
  - Resolve mismatch between ECH and HPKE API (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/276 
  - Update a few citations to RFCs. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/273 
  - Remove "outer_extension" compression guidance (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/272 
  - Require the KDF to be HKDF-based (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/271 
  - Adjust and generalize cached_info guidance. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/270 
  - Proposal: Retry-only ECHConfig (by bemasc)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/269 

  5 pull requests received 23 new comments:
  - #283 Add "ech_confirm" extension (10 by MikeBishop, bemasc, cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/283 
  - #276 Resolve mismatch between ECH and HPKE API (4 by chris-wood, cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/276 
  - #271 Require the KDF to be HKDF-based (4 by chris-wood, cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/271 
  - #269 Proposal: Retry-only ECHConfig (3 by bemasc, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/269 
  - #268 Fix superfluous padding edge cases. (2 by chris-wood, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/268 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Remove "outer_extension" compression guidance
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/272 
  - Fix leftover references to 'retry_keys'
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/282 
  - Fix typo CllientHelloInner
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/279 
  - Nit: fix typo: change 'Hkpe' to 'Hpke'.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/277 
  - Adjust and generalize cached_info guidance.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/270 
  - Update a few citations to RFCs.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/273 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+2/-2/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Address Daniel Migault, Russ Housley and Rich Salz's comments. (by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/80 
  - Add clarifications (by claucece)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/79 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #79 Add clarifications (1 by claucece)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/79 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Address Daniel Migault, Russ Housley and Rich Salz's comments.
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/80 
  - Add clarifications
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/79 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease