Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 03:32:49 -0400 (EDT)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+4/-3/💬58)
  4 issues created:
  - Proposal: remove 'length' field from ECHConfig (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/300 
  - Proposal: Add version indication to ClientEncryptedCH (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/297 
  - Greasing to supporting servers (by wbl)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/295 
  - Questions about client behavior (by D-Sinus)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/294 

  12 issues received 58 new comments:
  - #300 Proposal: remove 'length' field from ECHConfig (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/300 
  - #297 Proposal: Add version indication to ClientEncryptedCH (6 by bemasc, cjpatton, davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/297 
  - #295 Greasing to supporting servers (1 by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/295 
  - #294 Questions about client behavior (4 by D-Sinus, chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/294 
  - #290 What to do on ECH decryption failure? (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/290 
  - #289 Rejecting ECH for unrecognized backend servers (2 by Lekensteyn, chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/289 
  - #274 Usage indication: alternatives to trial decryption (22 by bemasc, chris-wood, cjpatton, ekr, huitema, richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/274 [needs WG discussion] 
  - #267 "ech_accept" response type undefined (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/267 
  - #264 Handshake-level vs record-level padding (5 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/264 [needs WG discussion] 
  - #263 "outer_extensions": What's the purpose of the hash? (12 by bemasc, cjpatton, davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/263 [needs WG discussion] [question] 
  - #262 "outer_extensions" mechanism is lossy compression (2 by cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/262 [needs WG discussion] [ready-for-text] 
  - #253 Nonce rationale clarity (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/253 [needs WG discussion] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Questions about client behavior https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/294 
  - Avoid padding cliff https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/252 
  - Computation of `config_digest`: which KDF? https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/278 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 issues created:
  - Add CIDAC (Connection ID Authentication Code)  (by boaks)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/74 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+6/-3/💬15)
  6 pull requests submitted:
  - Fix the alerts reference. (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/299 
  - Narrow the size of possible configuration identifiers. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/298 
  - s/Unmarshal/Deserialize/ to align with HPKE (by davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/296 
  - Revise "outer_extension" compression mechanism (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/293 
  - Remove "ech_nonce" extension and clarify client behavior (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/292 
  - Clarify distinction between rejection and decryption failure (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/291 

  4 pull requests received 15 new comments:
  - #293 Revise "outer_extension" compression mechanism (2 by cjpatton, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/293 
  - #287 Add ECH confirmation (option (3), but use SH.random) (8 by MikeBishop, cjpatton, davidben, huitema)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/287 
  - #286 Add ECH confirmation (option (3), can fall back to (2)) (2 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/286 
  - #283 Add ECH confirmation (option (3)) (3 by cjpatton, huitema)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/283 

  3 pull requests merged:
  - Narrow the size of possible configuration identifiers.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/298 
  - s/Unmarshal/Deserialize/ to align with HPKE
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/296 
  - Fix superfluous padding edge cases.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/268 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+1/-0/💬0)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Editorial bits from AD review (by kaduk)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/75 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-grease