Subject: [TLS] Genart last call review of draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-09

From: Mohit Sethi via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 03:46:19 -0800

Reviewer: Mohit Sethi
Review result: Ready

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-09
Reviewer: Mohit Sethi
Review Date: 2020-11-25
IETF LC End Date: 2020-11-30
IESG Telechat date: Not scheduled for a telechat

Summary: This document deprecates older versions of TLS and DTLS. It also
updates many RFCs that normatively refer to the older TLS/DTLS versions.

Major issues: None

Minor issues: None

Nits/editorial comments: In section 1.1, typo in "waas defined to detect".

Most references to RFCs are of the form "[RFC7507]". Can we change "RFC 7457
[RFC7457]" to "[RFC7457]" for uniformity. Similarly, perhaps you could change
"RFC5246 [RFC5246]" and "RFC4346 [RFC4346]" to "[RFC5246]" and "[RFC4346]".

In section 2 "NIST for example have provided " should be "..has provided...".

In section 6 "this document is called out specifically to update text
implementing the deprecation  recommendations of this document." I was
initially confused with the repeated usage of "this". Perhaps it would help to
be more explicit.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 11:47:55 +0000

> Review result: Ready

Thanks. Will look at those nits when next editing.

Cheers,
S.