Subject: [TLS] Barry Leiba's Yes on draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 06:14:38 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11: Yes

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this is the first time I’ve reviewed a document where the “References”
section is longer than the rest of the document combined.

Just a couple of nits:

— Section 1.1 —

   Fallback to these versions are prohibited
   through this update.

Fallback “is” prohibited (not “are”).

— Section 6 —

   This documents updates [RFC7525] Section 3.1.1

“document”, singular.

---

From: Stephen Farrell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 14:28:11 +0000

Hiya,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate/

Yeah, it's a bit of an outlier;-)

>     This documents updates [RFC7525] Section 3.1.1

Ta. Also fixed in [1] with diff vs. -11 at [2]

S.

[1] 
https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/blob/master/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate.txt
[2] 
https://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate-11.txt&url2=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate/master/draft-ietf-tls-oldversions-deprecate.txt

> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> TLS mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tls
>