Subject: [TLS] Moved to Historic: RFC 4347 on Datagram Transport Layer Security

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 21:27:03 -0800 (PST)

RFC 4347 has been reclassified as Historic.

        RFC 4347

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security 
        Author:     E. Rescorla,
                    N. Modadugu
        Status:     Historic
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2006
        Pages:      25
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-rescorla-dtls-05.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc4347

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC4347

This document specifies Version 1.0 of the Datagram Transport Layer
Security (DTLS) protocol.  The DTLS protocol provides communications
privacy for datagram protocols.  The protocol allows client/server
applications to communicate in a way that is designed to prevent
eavesdropping, tampering, or message forgery.  The DTLS protocol is
based on the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol and provides
equivalent security guarantees.  Datagram semantics of the underlying
transport are preserved by the DTLS protocol.

HISTORIC: This memo defines a Historic Document for the Internet
community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC