Subject: [TLS] EAP-TLS: can someone clue me in?

From: Watson Ladd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2021 21:31:53 -0800

Dear all,

After reading all 50 odd emails I'm perpetually confused as to what is
going on, each email and the doc confusing me further. It seems that
similar to QUIC there is an attempt to put TLS over a non TCP
transport and then use for signaling user authentication via X509
certificates, and that the server needs to indicate whether
authentication is successful or not.

Looking at 8446 E.1.2  it seems that only application layer for TLS
messages from the server can confirm this, but I'm not sure that this
actually is the conclusion of all those emails. The other conclusion I
draw is just as QUIC required special adaption, we may want to
consider embedding TLS in other protocols more systemically, although
I have no applications at this time.

Sincerely,
Watson

-- 
Astra mortemque praestare gradatim