Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2021 02:37:05 -0500 (EST)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+3/-2/💬12)
  3 issues created:
  - Update to HPKE-08 (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/387 
  - Fixed-length values should probably be fixed-length (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/386 
  - PSK usage sticks out (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/384 

  3 issues received 12 new comments:
  - #384 PSK usage sticks out (4 by chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/384 
  - #380 Related Privacy Leaks suggests too strong of a correlation across resumption (4 by cbartle891, chris-wood, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/380 
  - #378 Naive outer_extensions decoding is a DoS risk (4 by cbartle891, chris-wood, cjpatton, davidben)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/378 

  2 issues closed:
  - Related Privacy Leaks suggests too strong of a correlation across resumption https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/380 
  - Replace config_id with a server-chosen key_id https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/issues/375 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+2/-4/💬21)
  2 issues created:
  - Double check issues filed in ekr/ repo. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1216 
  - Implication of Recommended/Not Recommended (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1214 

  4 issues received 21 new comments:
  - #1214 Implication of Recommended/Not Recommended (10 by davidben, ekr, martinthomson, richsalz)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1214 
  - #1212 general alert (7 by davidben, richsalz, tomato42)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1212 
  - #1209 "client authentication" -> "certificate-based client authentication" (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1209 
  - #1208 Contradition around user_cancelled (3 by davidben, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1208 

  4 issues closed:
  - "client authentication" -> "certificate-based client authentication" https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1209 
  - Even shorter secret names? https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1200 
  - Handle remaining TLS 1.2 names https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1203 
  - Discuss tracking implications of session resumption https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1201 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+0/-0/💬4)
  1 issues received 4 new comments:
  - #80 Section 9 comment from Ben (4 by boaks, jsalowey, thomas-fossati)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/issues/80 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni (+4/-2/💬2)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - Add note about denial-of-service vulnerability (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/385 
  - Clarify privacy risk pertaining to resumption. (by cbartle891)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/383 
  - Clarify "don't stick out" considerations (by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/382 
  - Truncate the config_id to a single byte. (by chris-wood)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/381 

  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #385 Add note about denial-of-service vulnerability (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/385 
  - #313 Replace record-level padding with handshake-level padding (1 by cjpatton)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/313 

  2 pull requests merged:
  - Clarify privacy risk pertaining to resumption.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/383 
  - Move to a key identity in lieu of the config identifier hash.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni/pull/376 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+2/-6/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - minor editorial spelling (by emanjon)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1215 
  - Changelog for -01 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1213 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #1215 minor editorial spelling (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1215 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - Changelog for -01
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1213 
  - Shorten some unnecessarily long names.
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1202 
  - Align TLS 1.2 terminology with this document
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1204 
  - Security Property - Protection of endpoint identities
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1210 
  - Discuss tracking implications of session resumption.
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1205 
  - Editorial: "Client Authentication" -> "Certificate-Based Client Authentication"
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1211 

* tlswg/dtls-conn-id (+0/-0/💬2)
  2 pull requests received 2 new comments:
  - #86 Add Achim Kraus to authors. (1 by jsalowey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/86 
  - #81 Corrected statement about multi-homing and CID changes (1 by jsalowey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id/pull/81 

* tlswg/external-psk-design-team (+1/-1/💬3)
  1 pull requests submitted:
  - Ben smyth comments (by russhousley)
    https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team/pull/67 

  1 pull requests received 3 new comments:
  - #67 Ben smyth comments (3 by chris-wood, russhousley)
    https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team/pull/67 

  1 pull requests merged:
  - Ben smyth comments
    https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team/pull/67 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team