Subject: [TLS] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2021 13:19:25 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Layer Security WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Guidance for External PSK Usage in TLS
        Authors         : Russ Housley
                          Jonathan Hoyland
                          Mohit Sethi
                          Christopher A. Wood
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-02.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-02-20

Abstract:
   This document provides usage guidance for external Pre-Shared Keys
   (PSKs) in Transport Layer Security (TLS) version 1.3 as defined in
   RFC 8446.  It lists TLS security properties provided by PSKs under
   certain assumptions and demonstrates how violations of these
   assumptions lead to attacks.  It discusses PSK use cases,
   provisioning processes, and TLS stack implementation support in the
   context of these assumptions.  It provides advice for applications in
   various use cases to help meet these assumptions.  It also lists the
   privacy and security properties that are not provided by TLS when
   external PSKs are used.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-guidance-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/