Subject: [TLS] Weekly github digest (TLS Working Group Drafts)

From: Repository Activity Summary Bot <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2022 23:38:54 -0800 (PST)

Issues
------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 issues closed:
  - Address Ben's review https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/issues/42 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+2/-3/💬5)
  2 issues created:
  - AEAD limits for early data (by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1256 
  - Should we recommend rekey with ECHDE after a certain amount (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1253 

  5 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #1253 Should we recommend rekey with ECHDE after a certain amount (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1253 [discuss-vienna] 
  - #1250 Multiple post-handshake authentications, identities, and tickets. (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1250 [propose-close] 
  - #1249 AEAD integrity limits for 0-RTT data (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1249 
  - #1214 Implication of Recommended/Not Recommended (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1214 
  - #1206 More clarity on what should be in the cookies. (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1206 [propose-close] 

  3 issues closed:
  - Clarifications on traffic key use https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1248 [PR Pending] 
  - AEAD integrity limits for 0-RTT data https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1249 [PR Pending] 
  - Forward secrecy, long connections, and key exfiltration https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/issues/1245 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+0/-0/💬1)
  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #260 AEAD integrity limits for 0-RTT data (1 by martinthomson)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/issues/260 [propose-close] 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+1/-2/💬1)
  1 issues created:
  - Expiry behavior ambiguity (by jsalowey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/96 

  1 issues received 1 new comments:
  - #96 Expiry behavior ambiguity (1 by jsalowey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/96 

  2 issues closed:
  - Expiry behavior ambiguity https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/96 
  - Add DTLS https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/issues/94 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls (+1/-3/💬5)
  1 issues created:
  - What is `profile_id`? (by bemasc)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/issues/54 

  2 issues received 5 new comments:
  - #42 Request: Make fragmented handshake messages self-delimiting in cTLS/TCP (2 by bemasc, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/issues/42 
  - #40 Request: Discuss encoding of Alerts (3 by bemasc, ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/issues/40 

  3 issues closed:
  - Request: Discuss encoding of Alerts https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/issues/40 
  - suppressSequenceNumber is not defined https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/issues/38 
  - Request: Clarify extensibility rules https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/issues/39 

Pull requests
-------------
* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer (+0/-1/💬0)
  1 pull requests merged:
  - Address Ben's IESG feedback.
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer/pull/43 

* tlswg/tls13-spec (+3/-4/💬4)
  3 pull requests submitted:
  - Issue1248 traffic key use (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1255 
  - No rekey in early data. Fixes #1249 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1254 
  - This attempts to split the difference on the 1.1 and 1.0 deprecation. (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1252 

  4 pull requests received 4 new comments:
  - #1254 No rekey in early data. Fixes #1249 (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1254 
  - #1252 This attempts to split the difference on the 1.1 and 1.0 deprecation. (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1252 
  - #1251 Expand the duty of the certificate alerts to PSKs (external and resum… (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1251 
  - #1230 RFC 8996 "Deprecating TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1" (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1230 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Issue1248 traffic key use
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1255 
  - No rekey in early data. Fixes #1249
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1254 
  - This attempts to split the difference on the 1.1 and 1.0 deprecation.
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1252 
  - Updates and obsolete in abstract
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec/pull/1229 

* tlswg/dtls13-spec (+0/-0/💬1)
  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #269 Clarify closure alert (1 by hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec/pull/269 

* tlswg/tls-subcerts (+2/-4/💬1)
  2 pull requests submitted:
  - Nick/ad review (by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/98 
  - Text to address ambiguity in cert expiry (Issue 96) (by jsalowey)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/97 

  1 pull requests received 1 new comments:
  - #93 Editorial suggestions from AD review (1 by grittygrease)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/93 

  4 pull requests merged:
  - Nick/ad review
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/98 
  - Editorial suggestions from AD review
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/93 
  - add DTLS
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/95 
  - Text to address ambiguity in cert expiry (Issue 96)
    https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts/pull/97 

* tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls (+4/-6/💬16)
  4 pull requests submitted:
  - IANA considerations (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/53 
  - Clarify DTLS encryption (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/52 
  - Replace suppressSequenceNumber with transport-specific behavior (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/51 
  - Clarify alerts. Fixes issue #40 (by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/50 

  3 pull requests received 16 new comments:
  - #51 Replace suppressSequenceNumber with transport-specific behavior (4 by ekr, hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/51 
  - #50 Clarify alerts. Fixes issue #40 (11 by bemasc, ekr, hannestschofenig)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/50 
  - #49 suppressSequenceNumber (1 by ekr)
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/49 

  6 pull requests merged:
  - IANA considerations
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/53 
  - Make cTLS extensible
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/45 
  - Clarify alerts. Fixes issue #40
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/50 
  - Replace suppressSequenceNumber with transport-specific behavior
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/51 
  - Clarify DTLS encryption
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/52 
  - Benjamin Schwartz added to the acknowledgment section
    https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls/pull/46 

Repositories tracked by this digest:
-----------------------------------
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-semistatic-dh
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-md5-sha1-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-esni
* https://github.com/tlswg/certificate-compression
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-external-psk-importer
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ticketrequest
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-flags
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls13-spec
* https://github.com/tlswg/dtls-conn-id
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-subcerts
* https://github.com/tlswg/oldversions-deprecate
* https://github.com/tlswg/sniencryption
* https://github.com/tlswg/tls-exported-authenticator
* https://github.com/tlswg/draft-ietf-tls-ctls
* https://github.com/tlswg/external-psk-design-team