Subject: [Tm-rid] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs-00.txt

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2020 23:18:33 -0500

This is a first draft of IETF tmrid requirements for the motivating UAS RID
use cases. Note that, while it identifies gaps of the ASTM standard in
meeting the FAA ARC recommendations, it does not suggest replacing or
rewriting it, but rather complementing it with IETF standards. Your
suggestions will improve subsequent revisions!

Tomorrow I start drafting the corresponding proposed architecture based on
HIP and Internet domain name registration (DNS, RDAP and EPP protocols, as
well as existing infrastructure and business models).

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:00 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs-00.txt
To: Adam Wiethuechter <[email-masked]>, Robert
Moskowitz <[email-masked]>, Stuart W. Card <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Stuart W. Card and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs
Revision:       00
Title:          Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification Requirements
Document date:  2020-02-02
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          14
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs-00.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs-00
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs

Abstract:
   This document defines the requirements for Trustworthy Multipurpose
   Remote Identification (IETF tm-rid) protocols and services to support
   Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification (UAS RID).

   Objectives include: complementing external technical standards as
   regulator-accepted means of compliance with UAS RID regulations;
   facilitating use of existing Internet resources to support UAS RID
   and to enable enhanced related services; and enabling verification
   that UAS RID information is trustworthy (to some extent, even in the
   absence of Internet connectivity at the receiving node).

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Daniel Migault <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2020 21:07:15 -0500

Hi,

It would be good that we could reach some agreement regarding the
requirements by the Vancouver meeting. I would encourage to review the
document and provide your feed backs. In particular it would be good to we
have sufficient confident regarding privacy related implication as well as
whether the requirements also fit other scenarios. This is mostly to ensure
our requirements are generic enough.

Yours,
Daniel

On Sun, Feb 2, 2020 at 11:40 PM Card, Stu <[email-masked]> wrote:

> This is a first draft of IETF tmrid requirements for the motivating UAS
> RID use cases. Note that, while it identifies gaps of the ASTM standard in
> rewriting it, but rather complementing it with IETF standards.. Your
> Status:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-card-tmrid-uas-reqs/
> --
> Tm-rid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid
>

-- 
Daniel Migault
Ericsson