Subject: [Tm-rid] Barry Leiba's No Objection on charter-ietf-tmrid-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Barry Leiba via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2020 20:14:25 -0800

Barry Leiba has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-tmrid-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-tmrid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I support Magnus’s block.

Other comments:

   Network
   RID defines a set of information for UAS to make available globally
   indirectly via the Internet.

What does “indirectly” mean here (and “directly” in the next sentence).  I’m
not following.

I agree with the comment that expanding abbreviations inline would be better.

“industry-consensus” needs the hyphen.

   WK65041 addresses how to
   neither populate/query registries, ensure trustworthiness of information nor
   make it instantly useful.

This is a very badly worded sentence.  If it means what I think it means, it
would be much clearer like this:

NEW
   But WK65041 does not address how to
   populate/query registries, how to ensure trustworthiness of information,
   nor how to make the information useful.
END

There’s No Need To Capitalize “need to know”.

Remove “current” from “the current working group”.

   well as the domain name registration and focused on NPRM [5] published by
   US FAA [4] as well as EU CAA.

I can’t parse this.  I think you mean “focus”, not “focused”, but even then
there are problems with articles.  “The” domain name registration?  Why “the”? 
Should there be “the” before NPRM?  What about before “US FAA” and “EU CAA”?