Subject: [Tm-rid] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth-05.txt

From: "Wiethuechter, Adam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2020 17:03:47 -0500

All,

This new revision has some major changes based on work done at AX
prototyping the ASTM standard and TM-RID as currently specified.

* Extraneous definitions were removed
* ASTM Auth diagram was cleaned up and prose text added underneath it
* Corrected the mentioning of "atomic message" to "Message Pack" to line up
with ASTM
* Removed text pertaining to "TM-RID levels" - this was never well defined
and just made everything confusing
* Added a couple paragraphs on some other nits we have with ASTM about
Bluetooth as a medium and its adverse effect to the auth message
* HIP Based Wrapper was updated with new diagram that reorders the
components of the message, this has not gone into full prototype it was a
nit we noticed that makes implementing harder but the concept clearer.
However prototypes of this format are current running
* HIP Based Wrapper text has been updated to reflect clarifications needed
while prototyping. This includes specifying recommended AuthTypes for
various Auth payloads I could think of. Another major point change was the
Trust Timestamp and how it relates to signing of data
* Signed Hash List has been cleaned up, it has yet to be implemented in our
prototypes
* HIP Based Offline has been overhauled significantly. There are new
diagrams referencing our certificate chain scheme, and details on how this
works in 10 page auth messages. There is a stub for FEC work to be sorted
out for this. Prototyping of the certs is complete along with the packing
of the cert into Bluetooth packets, nothing has been sent over air yet.
* The example use cases were updated to reflect the changes to HIP Based
Wrapper
* Added mentions of Ryan and James at AX for their work in finding issues
with our draft as prototyping was done

Still to be done and discussed are FEC methods in a single Bluetooth
payload, and prototyping other types specified.

As per usual, feedback is welcome!

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Feb 18, 2020 at 4:48 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth-05.txt
To: Adam Wiethuechter <[email-masked]>, Robert
Moskowitz <[email-masked]>, Stuart W. Card <
[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth-05.txt
has been successfully submitted by Adam Wiethuechter and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth
Revision:       05
Title:          TM-RID Authentication Formats
Document date:  2020-02-18
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          26
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth-05.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth-05
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth
Diff:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wiethuechter-tmrid-auth-05

Abstract:
   This document describes how to include trust into the proposed ASTM
   Remote ID specification defined in WK65041 by the F38 Committee under
   a Broadcast Remote ID (RID) scenario.  It defines a few different
   message schemes (based on the authentication message) that can be
   used to assure past messages sent by a UA and also act as an
   assurance for UA trustworthiness in the absence of Internet
   connectivity at the receiving node.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

-- 
73's,
Adam T. Wiethuechter
AX Enterprize, LLC