Subject: [Tm-rid] Benjamin Kaduk's No Objection on charter-ietf-drip-00-01: (with COMMENT)

From: Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2020 19:50:25 -0800

Benjamin Kaduk has entered the following ballot position for
charter-ietf-drip-00-01: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/charter-ietf-drip/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Are the proposed milestones for WG adoption of drafts or the WG finishing them?
(March 2020 seems very optimistic for the latter.)

   DRIP’s goal is to specify how RID can be made available in both Internet and
   local-only connected scenarios, especially in emergency situations. Some UAS

Also to make RID trustworthy?

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2020 07:52:46 -0500

Yes. More specifically, DRIP's goal is to make Remote ID information
immediately useful. An example of immediate usefulness would be to
establish communications between a public safety officer who observes a
drone operating at an emergency scene and the operator of that drone. This
implies that the information must be trustworthy, as connecting the
observer to some other pilot (not that of the observed drone) based on a
spoofed ID would be worse than useless. Another example of immediate
usefulness would be to enable the observer to determine whether the UAS is
operated by a party in a specific registry of operators trusted per his
organization's policy, even if the observer lacks Internet connectivity at
the time to look up details of that operator in that registry; again
trustworthiness of the RID information is essential.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 10:50 PM Benjamin Kaduk via Datatracker <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Tm-rid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid
>