Subject: [Tm-rid] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid-01.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2020 15:19:01 -0400

See the new sec 4.2 and changes to 5.4

If Finders are too dense, the SPDP can be overwhelmed with practically 
identical messages.

I remember once walking to the Chicago train station at 5pm.  There was 
pedestrian overflow onto the streets with most of the people talking on 
their phones.  There are many situations like that.  A UA flying over 
such a concentration of Finders could amount to a DOS attack on the SPDP.

The addition I just made, allows for the SPDP to manage its Finders and 
have some suspend reporting.

How the SPDP makes these decisions are out-of-scope.  But this provides 
the messaging to support the feature.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid-01.txt
Date: 	Fri, 13 Mar 2020 12:13:13 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Stuart W. Card <[email-masked]>, Robert Moskowitz 
<[email-masked]>, Stuart Card <[email-masked]>, 
Adam Wiethuechter <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid
Revision: 01
Title: Crowd Sourced Remote ID
Document date: 2020-03-13
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 13
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid-01.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid-01
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-drip-crowd-sourced-rid-01

Abstract:
This document describes using the ASTM Broadcast Remote ID (B-RID)
specification in a "crowd sourced" smart phone environment to provide
much of the FAA mandated Network Remote ID (N-RID) functionality.
This crowd sourced B-RID data will use multi-lateration to add a
level of reliability in the location data on the Unmanned Aircraft
(UA). The crowd sourced environment will also provide a monitoring
coverage map to authorized observers.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat