Subject: Re: [Tm-rid] WG adoption of draft-card-drip-reqs-02.txt - 4/20 (???)

From: "Eric Vyncke (evyncke)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 16:40:24 +0000

[Resending to the real email address [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>]

Thank you, Susan, indeed, the call for adoption should be sent by a separate email (i.e., in addition to the datatracker automatic email)

Regards

-éric

From: Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 24 April 2020 at 18:38
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
Subject: WG adoption of draft-card-drip-reqs-02.txt - 4/20 (???)

Greetings:

I could not find a WG call for adoption on draft-card-drip-reqs-02.txt.    I found 4/20 a status change from the data tracker.

Please note that is normal process to send out a call and not let status change do the call.

Status:  ready for WG adoption
Good points:
1) list of requirements is clearly placed in document
2) requirements are broken into general, identifier, and privacy
3) term list for requirements is set-out in the beginning

What’s missing
4) You need to consider the scratch built hobby of drones
        How are you going to enable modeler (AMA) or Ham radio operator licensing
        to select be able to join this system.
       If this is not a requirement, why are you

Draft needs editorial smoothing for context:
1) introductory text assumes background, and may need to be “harmonized” for IETF RFC series reader
2) Terms like “make RID immediate actionable” is not really specific enough as to what needs to be done.
 You need a workable system for severely constrained environments and Internet.
3) Remainder of the text needs a bit of smoothing.

Sue Hares

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2020 14:17:27 -0400

While we are waiting for the separate email for call to adopt reqs draft 
which I vote yes.

And call to adopt arch draft as well...

On 4/24/20 12:40 PM, Eric Vyncke (evyncke) wrote:
> Thank you, Susan, indeed, the call for adoption should be sent by a 
> separate email (i.e., in addition to the datatracker automatic email)
>
> Regards
>
> -éric
>
> *From: *Susan Hares <[email-masked]>
> *Date: *Friday, 24 April 2020 at 18:38
> *To: *"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> *Cc: *Eric Vyncke <[email-masked]>
> *Subject: *WG adoption of draft-card-drip-reqs-02.txt - 4/20 (???)
>
> Greetings:
>
> I could not find a WG call for adoption on 
> draft-card-drip-reqs-02.txt.    I found 4/20 a status change from the 
> data tracker.
>

ASTM F3411-19 and FAA NPRM only specify BT4&5 and WiFi for 
communications.  Lots of comments on NPRM on this.  Note that the IEEE 
802.16 (WiMax) is now being updated in 802,.15.16t (they did not want to 
restart 802.16 so stuck them under 802.15 :) ) for licensed spectrum for 
mission-critical UAS:

http://www.ieee802.org/15/pub/TG16t.html

"Examples of operating frequencies include 160 MHz, 450 MHz, 700 MHz, 
and 900 MHz"

then there is 3GPP.

And anyone else that has spectrum....

I don't think the Architecture nor Requirements are the place to deal 
with who can join in.  Much of that is controlled by current FAA rules 
(I think part 105?  Stu help here?).  I will be pushing out a draft next 
week which I believe is the next piece in the chain from the 
requirements into the tech.  This draft will be something like 
drip-uas-rid and is where we actually define the RID that meets the 
requirements.

Once an Operator is permitted by the FAA (and this does not impact on 
those little toys), then the Operator must go through the USS 
registration for themselves and their UAS.  None of this is specified 
and everyone is expecting each USS to set its own method with help from 
the UAS manufacturers (big guys win).  This is one of the areas we come 
in, but is not so clearly specified in the Charter.  Stuff I figured out 
as I dove into actually writing the drafts I have....

Stay tuned.

> 3) Remainder of the text needs a bit of smoothing.

+3

-- 
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:248-219-2059
F:248-968-2824
E:[email-masked]

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who 
gets the credit