Subject: [Tm-rid] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-03.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2020 16:34:55 -0400

I added privacy for the Operator ID Message.  This was an oversight from 
the original focus, and addresses Andrei's note about EASA plans.

This changes the ciphers which work.  I dropped SPECK.  It was an 
educational process looking for a 64bit cipher, but it is not capable of 
supporting the 20 byte Operator ID PII.  AES-CFB16 is the recommended 
default cipher.

I tried to address comments sent privately to me.

Please everyone read this; all comments will be reviewed and hopefully 
improve the draft.

I have a revision for Hierarchical HITs in the works.

So everyone have a good weekend.

Bob

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-03.txt
Date: 	Fri, 08 May 2020 13:30:23 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Adam Wiethuechter <[email-masked]>, Stuart Card 
<[email-masked]>, Stuart W. Card <[email-masked]>, 
Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy
Revision: 03
Title: UAS Operator Privacy for RemoteID Messages
Document date: 2020-05-08
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 12
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-03.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy/
Htmlized: 
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-03
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-03

Abstract:
This document describes a method of providing privacy for UAS
Operator/Pilot information specified in the ASTM UAS Remote ID and
Tracking messages. This is achieved by encrypting, in place, those
fields containing Operator sensitive data using a hybrid ECIES.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 13:09:45 -0400

I have worked out some improvements to the IV that will be in the next 
version.  I was uncomfortable with some reuse issues if the GCS changes 
a small distance.   But this new IV structure will address that risk.

Just letting you know not to spend too much time evaluating the IV right 
now.

I will be fleshing out some more of the crypto pieces, particularly the 
"Security Association" between the UAS and USS and how USS policy 
controls parts of it.

On 5/8/20 4:34 PM, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I added privacy for the Operator ID Message.  This was an oversight 
> from the original focus, and addresses Andrei's note about EASA plans.
>
> educational process looking for a 64bit cipher, but it is not capable 
> of supporting the 20 byte Operator ID PII.  AES-CFB16 is the 
> recommended default cipher.
>
> To: 	Adam Wiethuechter <[email-masked]>, Stuart 
> Card <[email-masked]>, Stuart W. Card 
> <[email-masked]>, Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
>
>
>
>

-- 
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:248-219-2059
F:248-968-2824
E:[email-masked]

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who 
gets the credit