Subject: [Drip] Fwd: IETF 108 DRIP session follow-up 3 of 4: PRIV-3 Encrypted Storage?

From: "Stuart W. Card" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 13:01:47 -0400

drip@ alias did not work so forwarding to tm-rid@

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: IETF 108 DRIP session follow-up 3 of 4: PRIV-3 Encrypted Storage?
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2020 12:59:46 -0400
From: Stuart W. Card <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

-reqs-03 PRIV-3:

"DRIP SHOULD facilitate selective strong encryption of private data at
rest in such a manner that only authorized actors can recover it."

-reqs-03 explanatory note below PRIV-3:

"How information is stored on end systems is out of scope for DRIP.
Encouraging privacy best practices, including end system storage
encryption, by facilitating it with protocol design reflecting such
considerations, is in scope."

This text is the result of a damped pendulum swing. Has it settled upon
an acceptable center position?

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Stuart W. Card, PhD, Principal Engineer
AX Enterprize, LLC  www.axenterprize.com
4947 Commercial Drive, Yorkville NY 13495