Subject: [Drip] Fwd: FCC Issues $2.8 Million Fine Against HobbyKing (for marketing drone transmitters which used unauthorized radio frequencies and power levels)

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 23:41:42 -0400

FYI...

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	FCC Issues $2.8 Million Fine Against HobbyKing (for marketing 
drone transmitters which used unauthorized radio frequencies and power 
levels)
Date: 	Fri, 24 Jul 2020 21:03:02 +0000
From: 	James McCabe <[email-masked]>
Reply-To: 	James McCabe <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]

Sharing at the request of Emil Cherian, FCC . . .

FCC issues a $2.8 million fine against HobbyKing for marketing 
noncompliant transmitters used to relay video from drones to amateur 
drone operators that could apparently operate on unauthorized radio 
frequencies and power levels.  See links below.

Press Release: https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-365706A1.pdf 
<https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DOC-365706A1.pdf>

FCC Forfeiture Order: 
https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-20-101A1.pdf 
<https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/FCC-20-101A1.pdf>

Jim McCabe | Senior Director, Standards Facilitation | American National 
Standards Institute

25 West 43 Street, 4^th Floor | New York, NY  10036  U.S.A. | 
www.ansi.org <http://www.ansi.org/>

[email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> | Office: 1-212-642-8921 | 
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mccabejim/

########################################################################