Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-reqs-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 13:24:45 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Drone Remote Identification Protocol (DRIP) Requirements
        Authors         : Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Robert Moskowitz
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-reqs-02.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2020-07-13

Abstract:
   This document defines the requirements for Drone Remote
   Identification Protocol (DRIP) Working Group protocols to support
   Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification and tracking (UAS RID)
   for security, safety and other purposes.  Complementing external
   technical standards as regulator-accepted means of compliance with
   UAS RID regulations, DRIP will:

      facilitate use of existing Internet resources to support UAS RID
      and to enable enhanced related services;

      enable online and offline verification that UAS RID information is
      trustworthy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-reqs/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-drip-reqs-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-drip-reqs-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-reqs-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Stuart W. Card" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2020 17:10:48 -0400

all --

I got nervous as midnight UTC approached, so uploaded -reqs-02, even
though I still have lots of work to do on it.

Specifically, I apologize to Med, Amelia and Bob, as they all gave me
very thorough reviews, but as yet I have addressed many (not all) Med's
points and very few of Amelia's and Bob's. I will continue working and
push out another rev later this evening.

Attached to this email are my "grist" files, in which I captured all the
inputs received -- DRIP meeting minutes, Jabber logs, my own notes,
hundreds of emails (most off-list as a handful of participants did not
want to SPAM everyone) -- as I understood them, and am checking them off
as I address them in the drafts. There are 3 grist files: one for -reqs,
one for -arch, and one for inputs that might apply to both, either, or
neither. The originals are in MS Word (sorry, but that's where I do most
of my writing, as most of my clients demand that I do so), but I have
also exported to PDF for readability by those who (unlike me) have the
courage of their anti-MS convictions. ;-) If you look at them, you will
see that some of the points some of you have raised, I have considered,
but not yet addressed, either because I do not yet understand them, or
because before changing the draft[s] I would like to discuss them.
                                             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thanks all!

-- Stu

-- 
-----------------------------------------
Stuart W. Card, PhD, Principal Engineer
AX Enterprize, LLC  www.axenterprize.com
4947 Commercial Drive, Yorkville NY 13495