Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-uas-rid-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Sep 2020 10:53:33 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : UAS Remote ID
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-uas-rid-01.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2020-09-09

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as a self-asserting and thereby trustable Identifier for use
   as the UAS Remote ID.  HHITs include explicit hierarchy to provide
   Registrar discovery for 3rd-party ID attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-uas-rid/

There is also a HTML versions available at:
https://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-drip-uas-rid-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-uas-rid-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 13:55:55 -0400

This is the changes recently discussed.

I have captured Alex's comments.

I have removed hhit-registries and left a TBD for when we have an EPP 
draft.  Or maybe we can work it so that is not a hard dependency...

I have added a self-claim appendix and referenced it in the security 
section.

-- 
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:248-219-2059
F:248-968-2824
E:[email-masked]

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who 
gets the credit

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Sep 2020 15:50:32 -0400

I believe I have worked out a way to adjust this draft such that it does 
not need to reference any DRIP protocol drafts and rather set the 
groundwork for all such drafts.

Please comment on what is in this ver, but note that I believe I will be 
able to pull all drip drafts other than drip-reqs.

I will work on this tomorrow.