Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 12:21:16 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : UAS Remote ID
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-01.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2020-10-23

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as self-asserting IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable
   Identifier for use as the UAS Remote ID.  HHITs include explicit
   hierarchy to provide Registrar discovery for 3rd-party ID
   attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-01.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2020 15:31:09 -0400

A fair number of improvements in the draft with this version.

Appendices B - F all have changes.

The big thing is changing the order of the fields that make up the HHIT 
as we have discussed here.

ORCHID was actually incomplete, I only copied text from the ORCHID draft 
and left out the text from the HHIT draft.  Oops.  Compete now and 
'fully' parameterized!

I cleaned up the claim examples so I was able to remove the dependency 
on Adam's draft.

Please look at the diffs and comment!

Bob