Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 08:17:47 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : UAS Remote ID
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-03.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2020-10-27

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as self-asserting IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable
   Identifier for use as the UAS Remote ID.  HHITs include explicit
   hierarchy to provide Registrar discovery for 3rd-party ID
   attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2020 11:22:48 -0400

OK, I thought I said no updates prior to the Interim, but...

I added text to App C for completing backwards compatibility to ORCHIDv2.

I believe this is complete and ready for WGLC.

I am quezy about is App C an Addendum to ORCHIDv2 or is it ORCHIDv3.  If 
the later, does it belong in this draft or should it be a separate 
standing document?

PLEASE read and comment!

And I vote AGAINST merging this draft with the drip-auth draft.

Bob