Subject: [Drip] Fwd: ANSI Releases User Survey on Use of Standardization Roadmap for Unmanned Aircraft Systems

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 11:02:19 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: James McCabe <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, Oct 7, 2020 at 10:29 AM
Subject: ANSI Releases User Survey on Use of Standardization Roadmap for
Unmanned Aircraft Systems
To: <[email-masked]>

*ROADMAP SUPPORTS THE GROWTH OF THE UAS MARKET*

10/7/2020: The American National Standards Institute
<http://www.ansi.org/> (ANSI)
announced today the release of a *user survey*
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8CPVF53> to capture how companies,
organizations, and agencies use the *Standardization Roadmap for Unmanned
Aircraft Systems (Version 2.0)*
<https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WG2RPBR>*,* which
was published by the ANSI Unmanned Aircraft Systems Standardization
Collaborative <http://www.ansi.org/uassc> (UASSC) in June 2020. Version 2.0
of the roadmap includes expanded content and identification of additional
standardization needs not included in Version 1.0. ANSI is seeking user
input regarding the use and effectiveness of the roadmap to assist in
future work efforts. The roadmap is available as a free download at
www.ansi.org/uassc.

Launched in 2017, the ANSI UASSC is working to coordinate and accelerate
the development of the standards and related conformance programs needed to
facilitate the safe integration of unmanned aircraft systems (UAS) into the
U.S. national airspace system, with international coordination and
adaptability. Some 400 individuals from 250 public- and private-sector
organizations supported the roadmap’s development, including
representatives of the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), other U.S.
federal government agencies, standards developing organizations (SDOs),
industry, academia, and others.

The roadmap identifies published standards and standards in development,
assesses gaps, and makes recommendations for priority areas where there is
a perceived need for additional standardization including
pre-standardization research and development (R&D). The roadmap covers the
full range of topics related to UAS: airworthiness; flight operations;
personnel training, qualifications, and certification; infrastructure
inspections; environmental applications; commercial services; workplace
safety; and public safety operations. The roadmap aims to support the
growth of the UAS market with an emphasis on civil, commercial, and public
safety applications. Its recommendations are envisaged to be widely adopted
by the standardization community.

*About ANSI*
The American National Standards Institute <http://www.ansi.org/> (ANSI) is
a private non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance U.S. global
competitiveness and the American quality of life by promoting,
facilitating, and safeguarding the integrity of the voluntary
standardization and conformity assessment system. Its membership is made up
of businesses, professional societies and trade associations, standards
developers, government agencies, and consumer and labor organizations. ANSI
represents and serves the diverse interests of more than 270,000 companies
and organizations and 30 million professionals worldwide. The Institute is
the official U.S. representative to the International Organization for
Standardization (ISO) and, via the U.S. National Committee, the
International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC). For more information,
visit www.ansi.org.

Jim McCabe | Senior Director, Standards Facilitation | American National
Standards Institute

25 West 43 Street, 4th Floor | New York, NY  10036  U.S.A. | www.ansi.org

[email-masked] | Office: 1-212-642-8921 |
https://www.linkedin.com/in/mccabejim/

<https://www.ansi.org/meetings_events/WSWEEK/WSW2020/>

         www.ansi.org/wsweek

########################################################################