Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 19:09:37 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : UAS Remote ID
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-02.txt
	Pages           : 21
	Date            : 2020-10-24

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as self-asserting IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable
   Identifier for use as the UAS Remote ID.  HHITs include explicit
   hierarchy to provide Registrar discovery for 3rd-party ID
   attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-02.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 22:16:52 -0400

First I fixed a SERIOUS replay attack in the examples in Appendix E.  
This had crept in from my original design from a year ago, because I 
never really wrote it out and started using an Expiry Timestamp when a 
needed a current Signing Timestamp.  So please check it over.

Fixed a few misspells and fixed that this draft replaces the prior drafts.

This SHOULD be it for the Interim call.  Unless someone gets me some 
review prior!

Bob

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2020 23:03:49 -0400

ARGH!!!

In E.1:

The UA signature is over the 68 byte UA HHIT

should be:

The HDA signature is over the 68 byte UA HHIT

Missed that.  :(

I will hold off pushing out a ver -03 to give time for everyone to check 
for other inconsistencies...

Bob