Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Nov 2020 06:53:00 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : UAS Remote ID
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-04.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2020-11-01

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs) as self-asserting IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable
   Identifier for use as the UAS Remote ID.  HHITs self-attest to the
   included explicit hierarchy that provides Registrar discovery for
   3rd-party ID attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-04.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2020 10:02:24 -0500

Some important 'last minute' changes:

based on the terminology discussion we had here last week, I am 
switching to 'attestation' over 'claim'.  My thoughts are not only are 
these 'proof' objects claims of ownership, but also an attestation of 
registration to the RAA|HDA.  This is important, as the UA is attesting 
to RAA|HDA being the source for information on the UA.

I fixed errors in the DNS examples.  I did not adjust them for the 
change in HHIT field ordering.

I moved the HHIT ORCHID Context ID from Appendix C to B to mirror RFC 
7343 where the 'user' of ORCHID provides the Context ID; it is not fixed 
for ORCHID.

Please look at the diffs and see if the text reads well enough.

I still have to figure out what to do with the 2 drafts referenced.

I am going to be focused on helping with arch, but if someone catches 
something amiss or simple clarification, let me know and I will try to 
turn it around before the ID cutoff.

Bob