Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-reqs-09.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 10:02:53 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Drone Remote Identification Protocol (DRIP) Requirements
        Authors         : Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Robert Moskowitz
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-reqs-09.txt
	Pages           : 42
	Date            : 2021-02-17

Abstract:
   This document defines terminology and requirements for Drone Remote
   Identification Protocol (DRIP) Working Group solutions to support
   Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification and tracking (UAS RID)
   for security, safety, and other purposes.  Complementing external
   technical standards as regulator-accepted means of compliance with
   UAS RID regulations, DRIP will facilitate use of existing Internet
   resources to support RID and to enable enhanced related services, and
   will enable online and offline verification that RID information is
   trustworthy.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-reqs/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-reqs-09.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-reqs-09

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2021 13:14:14 -0500

-reqs-09 provides hyperlink targets for all the readily accessible
references and clarifies that the ASD-STAN DRI reference is to a freely
available current overview of a standard undergoing revision.

With the extensive EU references added over several  revisions of -reqs,
and the removal of the US FAA NPRM Limited and Standard RID details
obsoleted by the published "final" rule, the former concern about the
US-centricity of -reqs no longer applies.

In DRIP work going forward, it would be nice to get more input from the
Asia-Pacific region, especially considering that most UAS are made in China
and the largest portion of the global airspace is controlled by New Zealand.

Thanks all!

On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:03 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Tm-rid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid
>

---

From: Andrei Gurtov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 12:07:23 +0100

About Asia-Pacific region:

With 36mil USD/year, that is probably the biggest drone program in
Japan. It develops drone traffic management and collision avoidance.

Also has "Promotion of international standards related to robots and drones"

https://nedo-dress.jp/en/about

Most docs are in Japanese, but reading the translation of their 2020
report, it talks about "the communication method and security inspection
required for remote identification of unmanned aerial vehicles".

br Andrei

On 2/17/2021 7:14 PM, Card, Stu wrote:
> references and clarifies that the ASD-STAN DRI reference is to a
> freely available current overview of a standard undergoing revision.
>
> With the extensive EU references added over several  revisions of
> -reqs, and the removal of the US FAA NPRM Limited and Standard RID
> details obsoleted by the published "final" rule, the former concern
> about the US-centricity of -reqs no longer applies.
>
> In DRIP work going forward, it would be nice to get more input from
> the Asia-Pacific region, especially considering that most UAS are made
> in China and the largest portion of the global airspace is controlled
> by New Zealand.
>
> Thanks all!
>
>
> On Wed, Feb 17, 2021 at 1:03 PM <[email-masked]
> <mailto:[email-masked]>> wrote:
>
>
>     <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdatatracker.ietf.org%2Fdoc%2Fdraft-ietf-drip-reqs%2F&data=04%7C01%7Candrei.gurtov%40liu.se%7C0efdebf806344f9418e308d8d36fe672%7C913f18ec7f264c5fa816784fe9a58edd%7C0%7C0%7C637491824845674393%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=afP59e2mt0k0nT2eI%2By6hfvt62mkuG3hqjsIOTWw95Y%3D&reserved=0>
>
>     <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Farchive%2Fid%2Fdraft-ietf-drip-reqs-09.html&data=04%7C01%7Candrei.gurtov%40liu.se%7C0efdebf806344f9418e308d8d36fe672%7C913f18ec7f264c5fa816784fe9a58edd%7C0%7C0%7C637491824845684388%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=uwvW0pILjImgQBCiu2GwO7n7Kh6IbQld2eIUjrtGAiM%3D&reserved=0>
>
>     <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Frfcdiff%3Furl2%3Ddraft-ietf-drip-reqs-09&data=04%7C01%7Candrei.gurtov%40liu.se%7C0efdebf806344f9418e308d8d36fe672%7C913f18ec7f264c5fa816784fe9a58edd%7C0%7C0%7C637491824845684388%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=y8A7LtPWxl%2BjtwkbW7O7g0PMUymxVDT2Ecs4sIIQ8%2FA%3D&reserved=0>
>
>
>     until the htmlized version and diff are available at
>     tools.ietf.org
>     <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2F&data=04%7C01%7Candrei.gurtov%40liu.se%7C0efdebf806344f9418e308d8d36fe672%7C913f18ec7f264c5fa816784fe9a58edd%7C0%7C0%7C637491824845694382%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=GxGqk%2Bpd4Cc8qu2OIDb2bdsEk2FQBXrsT%2FvLSkCkU4Q%3D&reserved=0>.
>
>     <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.ietf.org%2Finternet-drafts%2F&data=04%7C01%7Candrei.gurtov%40liu.se%7C0efdebf806344f9418e308d8d36fe672%7C913f18ec7f264c5fa816784fe9a58edd%7C0%7C0%7C637491824845704378%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=KWsUaD5cPX%2FL86INryF%2FLiIaGcgZVsaB5Bv54nIwQeg%3D&reserved=0>
>
>
>     -- 
>     Tm-rid mailing list
>     [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
>     <https://eur01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ietf.org%2Fmailman%2Flistinfo%2Ftm-rid&data=04%7C01%7Candrei.gurtov%40liu.se%7C0efdebf806344f9418e308d8d36fe672%7C913f18ec7f264c5fa816784fe9a58edd%7C0%7C0%7C637491824845704378%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&sdata=uxjuzl1q%2FG%2FjHUSCXIw2B6D17VJ%2F92g9lOhV0kvlBio%3D&reserved=0>
>
>