Subject: [Drip] The remote ID and/or FAA?

From: Alexandre Petrescu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 12:07:45 +0100

Hi,

I got pointed to a regulation from FAA which seems to be saying "The
required message elements include: (1) a unique identifier to establish
the identity of the unmanned aircraft; (2) an indication of the..."

Maybe what they say "unique id" relates the one considered here in DRIP
draft-ietf-drip-rid-07 or maybe in the future or so.

https://www.faa.gov/news/media/attachments/RemoteID_Final_Rule.pdf

Ideally FAA would simply refer to the draft - it would be easier to find.

Alex

---

From: "Card, Stu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2021 08:45:23 -0400

Yes, we are attempting to satisfy that rule with DRIP, using a HHIT as the
UAS ID.
FAA has already published their "final" rule in the Federal Register, so
won't be referring to our draft.
Once DRIP has at least one published RFC, we may be able to get ASTM and/or
CAAs (inc. FAA) to refer to it,
not as a baseline standard, but as at least a means for providing the
Session ID type of UAS ID, and maybe more.

On Fri, Mar 26, 2021 at 7:07 AM Alexandre Petrescu <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> --
> Tm-rid mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tm-rid
>