Subject: Re: [Drip] Erik Kline's comments to draft-ietf-drip-reqs

From: "Stuart W. Card" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2021 03:24:19 -0400

Thanks Med for bringing this to my attention and thanks Erik for the review!

WRT your 1st point: understood, FAA has an advisory committee that has 
recommended changing much aviation terminology in this regard; but until 
the regulators and external SDOs do, we in DRIP are rather stuck using 
the terms that are currently standard in the sector, especially as we 
must extensively quote and cite external documents.

WRT your 2nd point: perhaps we can clarify by revising the text to say 
"for Observers needing access to the [F3411-19] web based Broadcast 
Authentication Verifier Service or needing to do external lookups."

WRT your 3rd point: yes, ID-4 scopes it; and yes, we do expect our DRIP 
entity identifier to be dynamic, except in the special case where one is 
preloaded by a manufacturer as the root of a trust chain for a device 
(e.g., UA).

On 7/1/2021 1:33 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> (with the drip mailing list cced)
> 
> *De :*BOUCADAIR Mohamed INNOV/NET
> *Envoyé :* jeudi 1 juillet 2021 07:32
> *À :* Erik Kline ([email-masked]) <[email-masked]>; 
> [email-masked]
> *Cc :* The IESG <[email-masked]>
> *Objet :* Erik Kline's comments to draft-ietf-drip-reqs
> 
> Hi Erik,
> 
> I see that your comments didn’t make it to the list: 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-reqs/ballot/#erik-kline...
-- 
-----------------------------------------
Stuart W. Card, PhD, Principal Engineer
AX Enterprize, LLC  www.axenterprize.com
4947 Commercial Drive, Yorkville NY 13495