Subject: [Drip] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-09.txt

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 10:16:03 -0400

A reviewer active in ASTM F38.02 pointed out that the new Operator 
Altitude field is only 2 bytes.  This will force me to use CFB16, so 
might as well make the change now.

I have some cryptanalysis concerns with CFB16 for the case where the 
latitude changes slightly and the 1st 2 bytes are the same, but the 2nd 
bytes different.  This makes the first block out of CFB16 the same for 
both values and the 2nd block different.  I need to spend more time 
looking to see if this is a real attack concern.  I don't think there is 
enough data here to assist an attacker.  What I have found so far is not 
really definitive.  But then it rarely is in crypto attacks until after 
the fact!

Anyway, this should do it for operator-privacy and now back to drip-rid....

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for 
draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-09.txt
Date: 	Thu, 07 Oct 2021 07:08:05 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Stuart W. Card <[email-masked]>, Adam Wiethuechter 
<[email-masked]>, Robert Moskowitz 
<[email-masked]>, Stuart Card <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-09.txt
has been successfully submitted by Robert Moskowitz and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name: draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy
Revision: 09
Title: UAS Operator Privacy for RemoteID Messages
Document date: 2021-10-07
Group: Individual Submission
Pages: 13
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-09.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy/
Html: 
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-09.html
Htmlized: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-moskowitz-drip-operator-privacy-09

Abstract:
This document describes a method of providing privacy for UAS
Operator/Pilot information specified in the ASTM UAS Remote ID and
Tracking messages. This is achieved by encrypting, in place, those
fields containing Operator sensitive data using a hybrid ECIES.

The IETF Secretariat