Subject: [Drip] Progress on drip-rid vs drip-auth formats

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2021 17:00:04 -0400

Adam and I have had a couple good conversations and we are close to 
closing the gaps between these two drafts.

We have worked through a lot of clean up in drip-auth that has clarified 
the Authentication DRIP Wrapper and Manifest contents. The results are 
that both of these are implicit self-attestations of the UA's DET 
(HHIT).  A specific self-attestation authentication message is not needed.

For the offline-attestation, we are working on the HDA-UA-Attestation in 
a DRIP Link message (I think the Link message...) and then how this is 
hashed so it is included in a DRIP Manifest message thus creating in two 
messages the offline-attestation.  We COULD fit everything into one 
message, but it fills the 200 bytes and we would be in trouble if for 
some reason even one more byte is needed.  So we are opting for a two 
message approach.

Anyway, just wanted to alert people that we are closing in on these two 
drafts being in real good shape with one more submission at the 
beginning of IETF week.

Bob