Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-15.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2021 08:31:55 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DRIP Entity Tag (DET) for Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification (UAS RID)
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-15.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2021-12-08

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs), updating both [RFC7401] and [RFC7343], as self-asserting
   IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable identifier for use as the
   Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification and tracking (UAS
   RID).  Within the context of RID, HHITs will be called DRIP Entity
   Tags (DET).  HHITs self-attest to the included explicit hierarchy
   that provides Registrar discovery for 3rd-party identifier
   attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-15.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-15

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 11:40:26 -0500

Getting close now.

We really need discussion on the DNS structures.

I still need to figure out what I can pull from the ICAO GRAIN document 
to justify the 60M - 600M possible DETs within an HDA. Note this is DETs 
and not UAs.  The GRAIN document is not public, so I have to go back to 
Stu's, Rob Seger's, and my work from over a year ago to figure this out.

Probably something else I left off, but we want a last call going on the 
13th, and I want people to get one more review and me to get one more 
draft out for that.

Bob

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2021 13:44:36 -0500

Two typos reported to me so far:

r/RRA/RAA/

r/HHT/HHIT/

On 12/8/21 11:40, Robert Moskowitz wrote:
> I still need to figure out what I can pull from the ICAO GRAIN 
> document to justify the 60M - 600M possible DETs within an HDA. Note 
> this is DETs and not UAs.  The GRAIN document is not public, so I have 
> to go back to Stu's, Rob Seger's, and my work from over a year ago to 
> figure this out.
>
> Probably something else I left off, but we want a last call going on 
> the 13th, and I want people to get one more review and me to get one 
> more draft out for that.
>
> Bob
>
>>          Title           : DRIP Entity Tag (DET) for Unmanned 
>> Aircraft System Remote Identification (UAS RID)

-- 
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:248-219-2059
F:248-968-2824
E:[email-masked]

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who 
gets the credit