Subject: [Drip] I-D Action: draft-ietf-drip-rid-18.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 08:45:19 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Drone Remote ID Protocol WG of the IETF.

        Title           : DRIP Entity Tag (DET) for Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification (UAS RID)
        Authors         : Robert Moskowitz
                          Stuart W. Card
                          Adam Wiethuechter
                          Andrei Gurtov
	Filename        : draft-ietf-drip-rid-18.txt
	Pages           : 33
	Date            : 2022-03-31

Abstract:
   This document describes the use of Hierarchical Host Identity Tags
   (HHITs), updating both [RFC7401] and [RFC7343], as self-asserting
   IPv6 addresses and thereby a trustable identifier for use as the
   Unmanned Aircraft System Remote Identification and tracking (UAS
   RID).  Within the context of RID, HHITs will be called DRIP Entity
   Tags (DET).  HHITs self-attest to the included explicit hierarchy
   that provides Registrar discovery for 3rd-party identifier
   attestation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-drip-rid/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-drip-rid-18.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-drip-rid-18

Internet-Drafts are also available by rsync at rsync.ietf.org::internet-drafts

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2022 11:50:11 -0400

Fixed outstanding items of supporting 8-bit HHIT Suite ID.  Please check 
out that I now have this all done.  Particularly sections 4.2 and 5.

Moved HID registration to drip-registries (and changed reference to 
ietf-drip-registries!).  That is no longer asking ICAO, here, to manage 
RAA space.

Some other cleanup, please look at diff.

Still to do:  waiting for IANA review.  So I anticipate a -19

-- 
Standard Robert Moskowitz
Owner
HTT Consulting
C:248-219-2059
F:248-968-2824
E:[email-masked]

There's no limit to what can be accomplished if it doesn't matter who 
gets the credit