Subject: Request for format type values for TN3270E configuration MIB

From: Robert Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 1997 15:39:05 -0500

I'd like to enlarge on one issue that's somewhat hidden in the
MIB-related information Michael included in the general meeting
minutes.  The issue concerns the request we made for values for
the two ENUMs we added to the TCP connection table:  Client ID
Format and Miscellaneous Info Format.  The first of these was
empty (except for 'unknown') in the draft of the configuration
MIB we discussed, and the second will become empty when we remove
the two IP address values to a Proxy Client Address Type object.
Unless Ken and I get some actual values to put into these two
"format" objects, the Client ID and Miscellaneous Info pairs will
be removed from the next draft of the configuration MIB.  If nobody
can think of any useful values, of course, then removing the objects
is the right thing to do.  I'm just making the point that if you
have values to suggest, *now* is the time to do it.

Regards,
Bob
IBM Networking Software, eNetwork Architecture
+1-919-254-4436

---

From: "Derek W. Bolton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Jan 1998 13:01:05 +1100 (EST)

Bob,

> the two IP address values to a Proxy Client Address Type object.

The following client ID formats spring to mind:

4-byte IP + 2-byte TCP
IPv6
Domain name
Truncated domain name (i.e. omitting leading portion)
ASCII string of unknown significance
Certificate
Other

Regards,
  Derek