Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 09:23:08 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Base Definitions of Managed Objects 
                          for TN3270E Using SMIv2
	Author(s)	: R. Moore, K. White
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-05.txt
	Pages		: 49
	Date		: 02-Feb-98
	
This memo defines a Management Information Base (MIB) for configuring
and managing TN3270E servers.  TN3270E, defined by RFC 1647 (reference
[14]), refers to the enhancements made to the Telnet 3270 (TN3270)
terminal emulation practices.  Refer to: RFC 1041, reference [4]; RFC
854, reference [2]; and RFC 860, reference [3] for a sample of what is
meant by TN3270 practices.
 
The MIB defined by this memo provides generic support for both host and
gateway TN3270E server implementations.  A host TN3270E server refers to
an implementation where the TN3270E server is collocated with the
Systems Network Architecture (SNA) System Services Control Point (SSCP)
for the dependent Secondary Logical Units (SLUs) that the server makes
available to its clients for connecting into a SNA network.
 
A gateway TN3270E server resides on an SNA node other than an SSCP,
either an SNA type 2.0 node or an APPN node acting in the role of a
Dependent LU Requester (DLUR).  Host and gateway TN3270E server
implementations typically differ greatly as to their internal
implementation and system definition (SYSDEF) requirements.
 
It is the intent that the MIB defined herein be extended by subsequent
memos, to provide non-generic configuration support and to enable
TN3270E response time collection.  The specification of this MIB uses
the Structure of Management Information (SMI) for Version 2 of the
Simple Network Management Protocol Version (refer to RFC 1902, reference
[1]).

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-tn3270-mib-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.