Subject: Re: 3270 Documentation

From: "Robert C. Wessel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 May 2003 02:58:38 -0500

Sameer,

That's the one you want.  I'm pretty sure -07 is the latest revision.

You'll also want to check out the following RFCs: RFC1576*, RFC1646,
RFC1647, RFC2355*, RFC2561, RFC2562, RFC2877*, and RFC3049.  The ones with
an asterisk are the most likely to be of use.  There's some other
TELNET/TN3270/TLS related documents you may want to dig up if that's an
issue for you.

-Robert

At 01:13 PM 5/7/03 +0530, you wrote:
>Robert,
>
>I have IBM Manager print preview of 3270 programmers reference
>(GA23-0059-07). Is this enough to start with terminal emulation development.
>If not, what are the other documents I should refer to?
>
>-Sameer
>

---

From: "sameer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2003 14:30:00 +0530

Robert,

Could u give me a similar list for 5250, if I m not asking for too much? I
have the following 5250 related RFCs with me RFC 1010, RFC 1091, RFC 1205,
RFC 1572, RFC 2877. Can anyone share the Functions Reference SA21-9247 for
5250?

Thanks
-Sameer

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert C. Wessel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 07, 2003 1:29 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: 3270 Documentation

Sameer,

-Robert

---

From: "Robert C. Wessel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 02:31:34 -0500

Sameer,

RFC1205 is the base for TN5250.  The other stuff you need is general Telnet
and the various options.  Be aware that RFC1010 is way out of date, and is
replaced by STD2.

-Robert